This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4665791

markB-35

I was wondering if there is a filter available to change the comment moderation email depending on the language of the post. Thanks.

October 1, 2019 at 6:14 am #4668865

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

If you are just looking for a way to translate the email sent on comment moderation, you should be able to do this by using WPML's String Translation feature. I would recommend going to WPML -> String Translation, then searching for "moderation" in the "default" domain.

You will see all of the strings associated with Comment Moderation show up. The "default" domain is how WordPress tags all of its default text strings. You can also filter by the "default" domain to see other texts used by WordPress.

If you're looking for a way to change the recipient of the email or other settings that are not "text strings", you can use WPML's "wpml_current_language" filter along with WordPress' comment moderation functions to modify behavior based on current language:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/wpml-hooks-reference/#hook-605535
https://developer.wordpress.org/?s=comment+moderation

It is important to note that the theme and plugins you are using might be taking over the comment moderation email function. In this case, you will need to find the relevant text in the theme or plugin domain, rather than "default".

Please let me know if you are able to work out a solution based on the information provided above. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message with specific details about what you are trying to achieve, and I'll be happy to help!