This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 10:10 am #4637727

andreasW-2

On hidden link we have two languages:

1) Swedish
2) English

All our posts are written in both languages. I intend to let users subscribe to blog updates BUT would very much like the email that they recieve to be in their selected language I.E if a Swedish user has subscribed to the blog updates, the email should be in Swedish and the link ot the blog post should be to the Swedish language version.

I'm not sure if this is a WPML or MailChimp ticket to solve, so I'm asking both support staffs at both sites, I hope that's ok.

The site runs that latest version of WordPress, WPML and MailChimp plugin.

Best regards,
Andreas

September 25, 2019 at 3:54 pm #4640793

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I checked the HTML of the Newsletter input field on the right sidebar and it's from MailPoet. This I can confirm after I checked the URL the confirmation mail comes from:

mailpoet_page=subscriptions&mailpoet_router

So the mails are coming not from WordPress. You can configure WPML to have two different mail lists

- Add two different Widgets, one showable on Swedish, the other one only in English as described here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/
- Define a new Newsletter list for English and add the new shortcode with the additional ID in this Widget.

Best Marcel