Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 year, 8 months ago.

Author Posts
September 18, 2020 at 6:18 pm #7048187

davidM-237

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to create a new translator (a friend of mine) to check the auto translation by WPML. I do not understand how to share the existing post translation with them and what access rights to give the person.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 21, 2020 at 7:57 am #7056819

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Site admins can see all the translations and modify them as needed, however subscribers (typical default role when you're creating new translation through translation management interface) can see only those that are assigned to them.

However you may want to try the following:
- create a new translator and set their language pairs
- create a new translation job and assign it to them

Given the translation memory that ATE uses, they should see most of these translations already there, something they can modify then.

Can you tell me if the above will work for you?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Sending an exiting post for additional translation to a translator’ is closed to new replies.