This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate Woocommerce Product Categories that have a description. The product categories get translated with the products, but the description is not sent to the translation service.

Solution: That option is not possible at this time. Translating taxonomy description is only possible via WPML -> Taxonomy Translation.

We are working to include this feature in one of the next versions of WPML.

More info on this "issue": https://wpml.org/errata/custom-meta-and-some-wordpress-default-taxonomy-term-can-be-translated-only-via-manual-editing-or-taxonomy-translation/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicki 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 7, 2020 at 11:48 am #6079501

Nicki

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to translate Woocommerce Product Categories that have a description. The product categories get translated with the products, but the description is not sent to the translation service. I know they can be translated in WCML -> Categories individually. But the descriptions need to be professionally translated, so how do I include them to be sent for translation?

Is there any documentation that you are following? I cannot find any documentation about this.

Is there a similar example that we can see? I have attached screenshots.

What is the link to your site? the site is unavailable to the public.

May 9, 2020 at 11:56 am #6094263

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I am sorry but that option is not possible at this time. Translating taxonomy description is only possible via WPML -> Taxonomy Translation.

I have checked our developer's queue and I see they are working on this feature, it could actually be included in the next version of WPML.

I can not guarantee anything since it depends on a lot of different things, I hope you understand.

More info on this "issue": https://wpml.org/errata/custom-meta-and-some-wordpress-default-taxonomy-term-can-be-translated-only-via-manual-editing-or-taxonomy-translation/

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

May 12, 2020 at 8:17 am #6109953

Nicki

I will look forward to this feature when it is released. Please keep me informed. Thanks.