Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sophia antoniou 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 18, 2021 at 4:11 pm #7871105

sophia antoniou

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have a big problem with a website where we have WPML and Yoast SEO. All our plugins and WordPress have the latest update. The website has 4 languages ​​and must have SEO in all languages. I started by entering one of the languages ​​and when I then started with the second language, all SEO on the first one disappeared.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
We have followed all the steps with your documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, I have recorded a video with the issue that you can see here:
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

January 20, 2021 at 1:19 am #7882409

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

I have reviewed the original ticket regarding this issue from here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/all-seo-in-yoast-is-gone/

My colleague mentioned that the issue was not reproduced in a newly created page, does this only happen on existing pages?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

January 20, 2021 at 6:40 pm #7890785

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

I have done a few tests and I am able to reproduce this behavior with new pages as well.

However, I was not able to reproduce in my own local environment.

If possible please try the following:

1. Delete the current Yoast plugin and re-upload with a new version

2. Update WPML to it's latest versions we just released today

Let me know your results

In the meantime, I have escalated this ticket to our second tier and I will update you with any further news.

January 22, 2021 at 8:52 am #7904329

sophia antoniou

Hi,
Thank you for the suggestions on how to solve the problem. I have installed the latest WPML and now put SEO in 3 languages ​​without any problems. Before the case is closed, do you know why this happened? Is this due to our website or WPML plugin?

Best regards
Sophia

January 22, 2021 at 7:40 pm #7908985

Bobby
Supporter

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Possibly it was caused by some bug between the versions that were installed.

January 25, 2021 at 12:16 pm #7920985

sophia antoniou

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!