This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 7:26 am

pierre-emmanuelA-2

I am trying to: Since, I use the automatic redirection for language I lots my SEO

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: everywhere

I expected to see: the good language in google

Instead, I got: the good url but not the good language

July 2, 2019 at 8:22 am #4124933

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

This situation could be created by how Google reads the automatic redirection based on the browser language. This something specific to Google which does not happen with other search engines.

As there is not an clear way to replicate this issue and it does not happen in all websites, we have added an alert when using this option. You can find more information on the following link:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/how-browser-language-redirect-affects-google-indexing/

Could you please go to WPML > Languages > Browser language redirect and select the following option instead:
x Disable browser language redirect.

After that, go to Google Webmaster tools and make a new crawl of your site. You should see the difference in a few days.

Best regards,
Andrés