This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 3:26 pm

amrf

Hello,

We noticed that WPML is causing a heavy load on the server making the website runs slow, also it's delaying the data entry team because it's locking the product fields.

So an idea came up, which is to separate the two languages that we have into a whole separated site, meaning that Arabic will be the main language of the website and English will be moved to a new domain.

So we don't have to use WPML in the English (Secondary) website, but I think that there's a problem which is that we can't stop using WPML in the Arabic website even though it's the main website and it's the one which we don't wish to use WPML at, any ideas on how to make the Arabic website independent and translate the theme's strings without using WPML?

Thanks.

August 12, 2019 at 7:38 am #4378897

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

There are a lot of articles and plugins that can help you translate a theme without using WPML. Here's just one that I found on a quick search: hidden link

I know that, for now, the WPML is causing some heavy load on servers (some other customers pointed this out too). We value all the feedback we get from you and this is why we already made a lot of improvements on the plugin. Some big improvements are gonna be available very soon (through some updates) so I would suggest you to wait for the new updates and see the improvements in terms of loading time and resource consuming.

There are two reasons why I made this suggestion. First, my colleagues worked really hard on this because we understand that the loading time is very important so we wanted to do something about it. Secondly, I know that it's not easy to start over and create the Arabic website, since it will require a lot of things to be moved.

I would love to hear your thoughts or tell me if there's anything I can help you with regarding this topic.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] separate wpml languages into separate websites’ is closed to new replies.