This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am #3888903

goranj-2

I am trying to:get all text in serbian latin. without wmpl all text is in serbian latin.(By default wordpress is in serbian cyrilic ,but wordpress for Serbia use wrodpress default plugin to make all cyrilic fonts convert to latin.) But when activate wpml all text revert back in serbian cyrilic.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 27, 2019 at 12:09 pm #3896989

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Goran,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me what's the plugin that you use to convert the fonts to latin, please? I found this plugin hidden link but I wanted to make sure that this is the one that you're using too so I can try it on my side and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

May 27, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3900859

goranj-2

Hi Radu,
no , its not that plugin, i found that plugin that overwrite your wmpl but also this plugin do not do the job 100%
Explanation :
When U download default wordpress instalation for Serbian language from this link:
hidden link
U already have installed plugin srlatin.php that all serbian cyrilic letters convert to serbian latin.
Serbian cyrilic letters are for example: А, Б, Ц, Д, Е, Ф, Г ...
Serbian latin letters are normal latin letters : A, B, C, D, E, F, G ...
U can activate this plugin what most of developers here in Serbia do, because here in Serbia, we more use latin on internet (even cyrilic is our default script)
And this all works great until i install WMPL, then all latin letters are transform back to cyrilic...
As i wrote this is default wordpress plugin for this job (cyrilic to latin) and something is not working right with wpml.
Regards,Goran

May 29, 2019 at 11:52 am #3915167

Radu
Supporter

Hey Goran,

I understand now what are you asking about (I looked for some other topics about this subject). Some other users reported that the plugin suggested in my previous message is doing the job and translates the cyrillic characters to latin. Can you tell me what do you mean by this plugin do not do the job 100%, please? Also, have you tried this plugin too? https://wordpress.org/plugins/serbian-latinisation/

Thanks,
Radu

May 29, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3916005

goranj-2

Hi Radu,
i would to stick with wordpress default cyr to lat plugin (its plugin integrated into wordpress as i explained ).ALso, i tried plugin U mentioned in your first post, but some sentences still left in cyrilic...
To make all simple - example :
I install wordpress (serbian language by default is in cyrilic). Then activate default wordpress plugin already there to convert all cyrilic to latin letters,no other plugin is installed.
All works great and all words and letters are now in latin.
Then i install WMPL and suddenly some letters (in frontend and also in backend) are in cyrilic now and some is in latin... Problem started after activating WMPL.
Regards,Goran

May 30, 2019 at 11:43 am #3922735

Radu
Supporter

Hey Goran,

Can you send me a duplicator package for your website, please? This way I'll be able to copy it on my side and see if there's anything I can do in order to make the characters stay in latin while activating WPML. You can find here a few details about how you can create the package I'm asking for https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Serbian language – wpml is mixing latin and cyrilic fonts’ is closed to new replies.