This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 27, 2019 at 9:58 am #3469285

matthiasJ-7

I am trying to:
Update an existing page in elementor leads to an server error.
It's just happening on some pages not on all

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Attempts to solve the problem:
1. disable all plugins (except elementor pro Version 2.5.1) -> problem solved
2. disable only WPML Multilingual CMS Version 4.2.4.1 -> problem solve
3. enable WPML Multilingual CMS again -> error 500

Error message apache error log:
[Wed Mar 27 09:08:27.908917 2019] [php7:error] [pid 2979] [client 45.56.153.105:21113] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element))\n#1 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(196)\n#2 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#4 /var/www/html/wp-includes/post.php(3951): do_ac in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 130, referer: hidden link

March 27, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3471317

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Matthias,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if this is happening when you try to edit other pages too or this error is appearing only on the Milestones page, please? Also, can you try to deactivate the Media Translation plugin, edit the page, update it, and then activate back the plugin? How are things working this time? I'm asking all of this because I need a few more details in order to understand why is this happening.

Thanks,
Radu

March 28, 2019 at 4:10 am #3476931

matthiasJ-7

Hi Radu,
thanks for replying!
This happens occasionally. When it happened in the past we just copied the page and proceeded working on the copy.
So to your question - it's not only this singe page, but it also does not happen on all pages. I didn't see any pattern in it.
After deactivating the "WPML Media" plugin - I can update the page. The server error does not come up. Once I again activate this plugin the error is back.
Matthias

April 1, 2019 at 8:37 am #3505351

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Matthias,

So basically, if you create again the page, everything is back to normal? From what I see, something's not translated fine and that's why you see this error.

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → Media Translation and make sure that all the images from the page that you have troubles with are translated, please? Once you translated all of them, just simply go back to the page and try again to update it. Please let me know how this works.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] server error 500 when updating an elementor page’ is closed to new replies.