Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 9, 2021 at 4:35 am #8497981

franchellaA

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Use WPML to translate Gravity Forms

Is there any documentation that you are following?
WPML Gravity forms translation process found here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/#translating-gravity-forms

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi, we have followed the instructions above. However, WPML registers the IP address of our server rather than the domain. We are using an AWS server and send all traffic through our corporate firewall. The firewall IP is not the same as the servers.
How can we overcome this to get the proper communication from the site to WPML?
Please advise.
We also have in the debug that WPML Translation Management is not installed when it is. Screenshot attached.
Thanks

translation-management-installed.jpg
Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
April 11, 2021 at 9:26 am #8509525

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Franchella,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

Can you go to WPML → Translation Management, select the Gravity Form elements, and try to translate the form this way, please?

You can find the steps on the same article, a bit down on the page, starting with the You can also access this list by going to WPML → Translation Management... paragraph. Can you give this a try and tell me how it works this time?

Thanks,
Radu

April 12, 2021 at 2:26 pm #8518495

franchellaA

Hi Radu,
thanks for your response.
Your suggestions allows us to send content to translators but that does not resolve the connection error that we initially wrote in the request.
We have tons of elements that need translation and if the communication is not working as expected, then we will have issues for the plugin to work correctly. E.G. translating the menus gives us an error due to the communications.
Can you debug the error of communication?

April 13, 2021 at 10:49 am #8524269

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Franchella,

When you send the form for translation, you can go to WPML → Translation Management and assign the translation job to you. There's no need to send the translation to translators or translation services.

As for the communication issue, can you make sure that whitelisted the following, please?
https://wpml.org/faq/troubleshooting-registration/#wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org

Regarding the menu translation, I'm not sure what's the issue, so it would be great if you could give me access to the dashboard area and tell me what change you're trying to make so I can give it a try too and see what's happening.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Server to WMPL Communications error’ is closed to new replies.