This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vitS 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 29, 2020 at 1:49 pm #6022117

vitS

Hi, I am trying to rank order services that are on my page in english and translated to czech
hidden link here.
In wordpress admin they are ranked correctly in both in English and CZ version, however on the page its not visible in CZ translated version. In english it works fine.
I though this might be a problem of the translation plugin as in original and wordpress its shows correctly. Could you help please?
The content of the boxes in services is edit by using Except page section if that helps, but the ordering should be copied by parent order of the page.

April 29, 2020 at 1:49 pm #6022141

vitS

still valid ticket, thanks

May 1, 2020 at 7:25 pm #6040033

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of WPML plugins(4.3.12 series). May you have to visit Plugins>>Add New>>Commerical tab and click on *Check for updates* button to get the upgrade links. This step will help us refresh the installer caches. Now WPML is releasing as a batch in the first few days of the release. So the upgrade notice will be visible only to a few of the customers. The count will increase each day. It will help us handle the situation easily incase of any bugs in the release.

2) Visit WPML>>Languages settings and enable the following options.

a) Make themes work multilingual>>Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality
b) Language filtering for AJAX operations>>Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 3, 2020 at 9:41 am #6046687

vitS

Hello, thank you for hints, I have done the suggested steps, upgraded and made sure the suggested setting is there, but it still does not solve the problem unfortunatelly. Can you please advise another steps? Thank you

May 3, 2020 at 4:26 pm #6047773

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 4, 2020 at 6:27 am #6050107

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. But the login page is asking the Authentication credentials.

Please check the attached image for more details and share with me the Authentication information.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 4, 2020 at 5:42 pm #6055527

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can log in to the site backend now. It looks like a compatibility issue with Nur Custom Post Types and Shortcodes plugin. You are using a WPBakery Page Builder custom Module for listing the Services Post.

For your kind information, the *Nur* theme is not listed on the WPML compatibility list for the themes - https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility. It does not mean that this theme is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet.

Therefore Please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 4, 2020 at 7:07 pm #6055911

vitS

OK, allowed thank you

May 5, 2020 at 12:01 pm #6061013

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site and debugging the issue now, will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 6, 2020 at 3:49 pm #6072221

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is existing on my local copy after the initial troubleshooting and I can almost replicate in a fresh installation. In a fresh installation, English posts are listing in descending order and Czech posts are listing in ascending order. Please check the following URLs.

English - hidden link
Czech - hidden link

Therefore I have escalated the ticket to our compatibility team for further debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 7, 2020 at 4:11 am #6076253

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We are getting the expected result on our local copy after the following steps. It looks like the issue is happening because the menu order is not set in the Service Grid Query. That is why it is showing different results on your site and our testing site.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Go to *wp-content/plugins/nur-plugin/visual-composer/shortcodes/nur_services_grid/* folder
2) Open *template.php* file for edit
3) Scroll down to line 30 and make the following changes

From

$query = new WP_Query( array(
	'post_type'      => 'service',
	'posts_per_page' => 'all' === strtolower( $posts_per_page ) ? -1 : (int) $posts_per_page,
	'tax_query'      => $tax_query,
) );

To

$query = new WP_Query( array(
	'post_type'      => 'service',
	'posts_per_page' => 'all' === strtolower( $posts_per_page ) ? -1 : (int) $posts_per_page,
	'tax_query'      => $tax_query,
	'orderby' => 'menu_order',
	'order' => 'ASC'
) );

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 7, 2020 at 7:35 am #6077247

vitS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!