This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4062733

kristinaC-2

When swapping between languages, user session data is not synced. When checking if user is authed, it says the user is (maybe checking against english data? I have no idea how the session can be retained on the english side when swapping back to english, but not exist on the french side).

Users are always logged into the English version and never logged into the french version. All cart data is lost as well whenever the languages are swapped.

Please view dumped session data on hidden link
Login with:

June 21, 2019 at 7:41 am #4065291

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Since you are mentioning cart data, can you tell me if this is the setting you are looking for?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/clearing-cart-contents-when-language-or-currency-change/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 24, 2019 at 5:48 pm #4079065

kristinaC-2

This setting is currently set to sync data, however it is not syncing. And this isn't isolated to WooCommerce, this is happening across the entire session data. We have custom code setting session variables. That data is not synced between languages, both our custom data as well as WooCommerce.

June 25, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4086275

kristinaC-2

Hi there, this is rather urgent as it is holding up project launch at this time. What else do you need from me for troubleshooting?

June 26, 2019 at 5:11 am #4089095

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Bruno went on a holiday.
I will be assisting you till he gets back.

May I ask did you set the price for the all products in all the languages?
If you do not set price for a product in other languages that will be removed from the cart automatically when you switch the languages.

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Session not syncing between languages’ is closed to new replies.