This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 9:01 am #4379427

veeco

My, Team mistakenly create 2 page on a same language, where it supposed to be 1 page with its translation page.

Now i need to make the page set to another language and set it as translated one.

I click on the page and unable to set into different language (dropdown only show 1 language).

What steps i need to take to achieve this ?

Thanks

August 12, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4383443

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @veeco, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I think it's because there is already a translation conected to that post. You can try the following:
IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.
- Go to the edit screen of the page
- Switch the lanugage to "english" using the language switcher at the top admin bar
- If it displays a warning, click on "Edit anyway"
- On the right sidebar, disconnect this page by selecting "none" in the "This is a translation of" field and save
- Now this translation is a independent page
- Go to Pages > All Pages
- Switch to the "Bahasa" language using the language switcher at the top admin bar
- Edit the page. Now you should be able to change the language of that page.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego