This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Set admin menu panel on the left side

Solution:Regarding the notice you see , this is a WordPress notice.. you can either dismiss it or go to WPML->languages-> edit language and change the default locale for the Kurdish language to "cbk"

https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/

now for the LTR backend... you are getting the RTL backend due to your default language being Kurdish.

if you go to WPML->Languages->Set Default language to Danish the backend will remain in Danish.

what are your results if you to your Profile->edit my profile -> and set admin language to Danish.

you can also check the box " Set admin language as editing language." and then use the top header language switcher to switch to Danish, this will change the backend as well.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by badiarA 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 8:50 am #2837330

badiarA

Hi
I have set the frontend to Kurdish language RTL and backend to Danish RTL.
My problem is that i want it to be LTR in backend.
I have installed a plugin where I can switch to LTE but the menu panel stays on the right side.
I have read a lot of threads but can't seem to find anything about this niche problem.
My site frontend language should only be in Kurdish language RTL. But my backend should be in Danish LTR including the manu panel set to left.
Can you help me achieve this?

October 23, 2018 at 1:49 am #2840127

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Regarding the notice you see , this is a WordPress notice.. you can either dismiss it or go to
WPML->languages-> edit language and change the default locale for the Kurdish language to "cbk"

https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/

now for the LTR backend... you are getting the RTL backend due to your default language being Kurdish.

if you go to WPML->Languages->Set Default language to Danish the backend will remain in Danish.

what are your results if you to your Profile->edit my profile -> and set admin language to Danish.

you can also check the box " Set admin language as editing language." and then use the top header language switcher to switch to Danish, this will change the backend as well.

October 23, 2018 at 10:14 am #2841782

badiarA

okay thanks it's resolved now.
When i added Danish in WPML language and selected it as the default language, the menu panel switched to left side. Then i set wpml default language to Kurdish and now the frontend is kurdish and backend is danish as i wanted.
I think some other plugins to change these settings were causing conflicts.
I deleted them cause it works fine just with normal user settings and wpml.
Thanks

October 23, 2018 at 10:16 am #2841783

badiarA

Just one more thing.
It wont allow me to update/save when I change the default locale for the Kurdish language to "cbk". See attached..?
thanks

October 23, 2018 at 6:10 pm #2843749

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i am glad to hear this ! For the saving issue , please click in the default locale , change to "ckb" , then remove "ku" from the hreflang and remove it, then re type it as "ku" again and the save option should be enabled.

let me know your results

October 23, 2018 at 6:56 pm #2843923

badiarA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!