This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 10:19 am #3833295

susannaS

I need help with the following: Our website, WordPress and the Avada Theme and the WPML language plugin package.

On our website, we have existing pages with different languages. For example, we have our Catalogue page both in Finnish and English. However, they have not been created by translating the Finnish page using WPML, instead they have been created separately from scratch. Due to this, a user cannot use the language switcher at the top to switch language when on these pages.

We need a way to "link" these existing pages so that they are handled as translations of each other. Meaning that when, for example, a user is on our Finnish Catalogue page, they can use the Language Switcher in the top menu to be taken to the English Catalogue page.

Thanks in advance!

May 17, 2019 at 10:55 am #3833705

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Please open to editing your Finnish Catalogue page, On the right look for language widget, Make sure the language of the page is Finnish if not please change to Finnish.

Below the language, selection click on the link "Connect with translations" Type the title of English Catalogue the page to which to want to link the translation.

I hope this helps you better, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja