This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 1:31 pm #2763985

florianH-24

I´m pretty pissed right now...In the last days I start translating the Frontpage of our new site. So far so good, everything seed to be normal. When I opened the translation manager the next day, progress was set back to 67%. Strange but my suggestion was, that there might was some sort of timeout or whatsoever. So I translated everything for the second time, which cost me about 1,5hrs. To prevent some more dataloss, I saved my translation several times in between. After reaching the 100% I saved, then hit save and clos, and the progressbar instantly jumped back to 67% and the page reloaded!!

So I ran another test, just adding some lines of translation up to 70%, saved, closed the editor, opened it again - 67% - WTF? I have absoloutely no clue what happened here.

If you have any ideas it would be great...

Thanks in advance

Florian

September 26, 2018 at 4:57 pm #2768232

Cristina

Hello Florian,

thanks for contacting and sorry for troubles you got here.
As Enfold is a compatible theme and this does not happen in a clean test install, I think it could be related to either

- a workflow where the different translation modes in WPML have mixed
- a module containing some code that prevents the TE to save
- low ressources that prevent the page to save

Mixing the translation methods

The problem with the workflow issue appears when using different translation modes and mixing them.

If you have defined the Translation Editor as translation mode, this will be used as default mode for translations. The Translation Editor saves the content in the WPML tables and wp_posts table.

But when using manual mode or editing in a visual frontend, changes in the original content are only updated in the native WordPress tables, but not in the WPML tables that the Translation Editor uses.

Therefore the Translation Editor does not reflect changes made from manual mode and may show unsaved text fields.

This can affect products and shop pages too, if there are different translation modes used in WooCommerce Multilingual and WPML Settings.

You can check which translation mode is defined in WPML > Settings and see if that matches the way your translation opens.

Conflicts
If there is any content inside a module that has conflict with WPML, such a a piece of code inside a block (php, javascript custom codes), there could be a problem.
You can rule this out by testing the different content types of that page.

Please check also without unrelated plugins and only Enfold, WooCommerce and WPML active, to rule out that there is any other element (cache, redirections) preventing the page to save.

Ressources:

Looking at your debug information I see that you have several plugins installed. As WPML needs at least 128M to work smoothly and your WordPress memory seems to have only 40M, you may run into issues with saving a page.

Therefore it is advisable that you increase the memory limit to 256MB by adding this code to your wp-config.php, just before the line with “happy blogging” to avoid performance problems in the backend.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

You will find the minimum requirements for WPML here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

There was a compatibility issue in a previous version of WPML with pages in Enfold that contained very large texts (over 10.000 words), but this was solved with WPML Version 4.0.6 and only affected pages with very long texts that showed a blank page after translating.

If you want us to have a look to check if there is any bug, we would need to be able to reproduce the error.

It would be good if you can provide me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug informations).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY',false);

n this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

To recreate the error please make a test:

Please create a new page with the same content of the page you got a problem. To make things faster you can just copy in text mode all content from the content field and paste it in the text mode inside the new page. If you then change to the page builder mode inside the content edit view you will see the same enfold modules / shortcodes.

Then translate it as you did with the other page.
Make a small change to the original page and update the translation.

In case there are errors they will be saved in the debug.log text file.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link I can see any error.

If there are no PHP error that relate to this, the problem may be deeper. So I would enable the private reply for the next answer if needed.

Kind regards,
Cristina

The topic ‘[Closed] Set back to 67% after saving a finished Translation’ is closed to new replies.