Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Carl 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 4, 2015 at 5:08 pm #554647

michaK

I have a language which contains multiple currencies.

Is there the possibility to set the loading language with a URL-Parameter?

Like: hidden link

thanks for your ideas in this topic!

February 4, 2015 at 8:59 pm #554791

Bruno

You can use the function below. Just add this function in the functions.php file and then try to change the currency at the URL:

add_action( 'wcml_client_currency', 'currency' );
function currency( $current_currency ) {

$currency = isset( $_GET['currency'] ) ? esc_attr( $_GET['currency'] ) : $current_currency;

return strtoupper( $currency );
}

hidden link

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

February 4, 2015 at 10:58 pm #554842

michaK

Hi Bruno

Thanks a lot. Works fine.
But just as long as I stay on the page with the parameter. Can I set the language just like when changeing in the currency-widget so it stays even when changing product or page?

February 5, 2015 at 12:22 pm #555170

Bruno

Please, try this one:

global $woocommerce,$sitepress;

$currency = isset( $_GET['currency'] ) ? esc_attr( $_GET['currency'] ) : $current_currency;
	$currency = strtoupper( $currency );

$woocommerce->session->set('client_currency', $currency);    

return $currency;
}

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

February 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm #555173

michaK

Perfect! Thanks Bruno. I'm sure this will help a lot of other users!

February 9, 2015 at 7:51 am #556797

michaK

Hi bruno

I hope you will read this. The solution with the function worked fine to me until I updated to Version 3.5.1 of Woo Multilingual. (before I used the beta version as i needed the currency switcher widget). Has there something changed in the currency-handling?

Now I can load a product with the currency set in the url but when I change to another product or category, the currency is set back to the default of the language.

thanks Micha

January 29, 2017 at 12:42 pm #1193102

marcusL-8

Hey Bruno awesome function! Works like a charm! How ever after i added the script i get "HTTP ERROR 500" when i am browsing inside wp-admin.

Is there any way of fixing this?

August 30, 2018 at 3:20 am #2688563

Carl

Works great on frontend, but breaks wp-admin, error 500. Any solution? Would really appreciate help with this one!

August 30, 2018 at 6:26 am #2688667

Carl

This seems to be working for now.

if( !is_admin() ) {

global $woocommerce;
		global $sitepress;

$currency = strtoupper( $currency );

$woocommerce->session->set('client_currency', $currency);

return $currency;

}

}