This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4021741

pauloT-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?: Be able to presente buyers with translated version of my product page and currency selector, or defined based on language

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? macro.marketing

A test product can be seen in here hidden link

A screencast can be seen at hidden link

Regards

June 14, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4022701

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I checked the link and screen recording that you attached.

This is the documentation that you can check for setting multiple currencies:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

Regarding the issue with the languages, from what I can see in the screen recording, next to the translations you have gear icons instead of a pencil icon so that means that the translations have not been fully saved and published yet (I'm attaching a screenshot).

That is also why in the language switcher at the top you are seeing just one language.

Can you please try to re-save the translations for the product?

If they still remain with the gear icon, please do a Google search with exactly these terms and see if you find any helpful solutions "site:wpml.org gear icons showing translation not published"

If you can't find something that solves the issue, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 14, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4023429

pauloT-2

Here is my debug information.

June 17, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4035797

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Mihai is not avialable today so your ticket appeared in my queue.

1. Switcher
The switcher was not appearing b/c it seems the translations were not finished. (see image)
Once the translation was "complete" and the "pencil" icons reappeared instead of the "gear" icons, then the language options started to show.

2. Currency options
You had configured your currency options to only show one currency per language (see images). I also corrected this and now you should be seeing the ability to switch currencies.

I hope this resolves your issues.