This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 13, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4203545

MOOI

Dears,

I really appreciate your support and WPML, you guys are awesome. 🙂

I would like to have the "Browser language redirect" option to work only for the homepage only.

for instance: if I type the hidden link it shall not redirect me to the english homepage - but only when I type hidden link directly.

other example: hidden link or hidden link this will redirect to hidden link

could you please advise how I can set this?

July 14, 2019 at 4:37 pm #4205857

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I'm afraid that is not a feature of wpml yet, and such a script would need custom coding which is beyond the scope of our support. This being the case please consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: hidden link. org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/
You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.
Before doing so please have a look also here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for- people-looking-for-consulting-help/

Please see in the attached screenshot the possibilities of language redirection included in WPML:

1. Disable browser language redirect (Obvious: WPML will not redirect users)

2. Redirect visitors based on browser language only if translations exist (Only redirects to translation if they exist, otherwise default language is loaded)

3. Always redirect visitors based on browser language (Redirect to home page if translations are missing)

Please also consult this DOC:
http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

Please let me know if I misunderstood your query

Regards,
Riffaz.