This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 23, 2019 at 3:11 pm

hooiC

I am trying to: i added myself as a translation manager and received this email message. I click on the set-up the translation link in the email below and it takes me to the translation dashboard and its a blank page. see attached image. if i as the translator manager is not set up, i can't translate anything!
Dear xxxx
You are the Translation Manager for myLotus. This role lets you manage everything related to translation for this site.
Before you can start sending content to translation, you need to complete a short setup.
Set-up the translation
* Remember, your login name for myLotus is xxxxxx. If you need help with your password, use the password reset in the login page.
At your service,
xxxxx
Administrator for myLotus

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see image.

I expected to see: something to setup when i click on the "Set-up the translation" in the email

Instead, I got: after clicking on the setup translation in the email, it takes me to the translation dashboard and its a blank page. see attached image. if i as the translator manager is not set up, i can't translate anything!

January 23, 2019 at 4:24 pm #3121641

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I guess this just a notice and can be ignored when refreshing the page.
Please let me know it goes, you may also transfer the mail to my email jamal.b(at)onthegosystems.com.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 24, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3125504

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!