This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
April 7, 2016 at 10:13 am #855626

paulF-18

I am trying to: make Honyaku Plus the only translation vendor option for my installations of WPML.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: Not relevant

I expected to see: A way to ADD a company to the list, not just pick between the companies that WPML has decided to list.

Maybe I'm confused. I suppose those companies that you have listed have some financial arrangement with WPML. For all the installations that I register, I would like to have another company (one that I have a financial arrangement with 🙂 listed as the only option. Is this not possible? Is there a technical requirement? Is there a simple hack I can use to make all translation requests go to this other company?

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

April 7, 2016 at 2:58 pm #856012

Joanna

Hello Paul,

Translation Services work with us to make their services available in WPML. Depending on translation service implementation, making a proper connection may even take months. It's not simple and time is definitely required to make everything work properly. We have a separate team that works on this particular project.

That said, we are open to all translation services that would like to cooperate with us. As you noticed, a financial arrangement between us and translation services does exist, but it's no secret that we only charge a commission when the client has no working relationship with the translation service (found the translation service via WPML).
You can read more about how the translation service connection works in WPML at https://wpml.org/documentation/content-translation/how-to-add-translation-services-to-wpml/

At the bottom of the aforementioned page, you will also find a form for translation service owners who would like to cooperate with us. If you are the owner of the service, you can contact us through that form, or you can share this link with the owners of Honyaku Plus. We will be glad to hear from them.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.