This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 8:44 am #3958269

ianp-12

I have installed and paid for your plugin but cannot seem to get it working. This is currently on my test server and will need to go live ASAP so will also need to transfer the domain registered to the purchase to a new domain name

Please can set up for me or tell me what I am doing wrong or haven't done
thanks

June 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3962247

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please tell me what exact steps you followed already, what content are you trying to translate and what do you mean when you say that it did not work?

This will help me better understand what you are trying to accomplish, what you have tried already and what/how it did not work.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 5, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3962421

ianp-12

I have installed the plugin and followed the setup but, the following issues:
1. The Simple Chinese flag does not display
2. It does not translate the page when clicking SIMPLE CHINESE from ENGLISH
3. The Main navigation disappears when clicking SIMPLE CHINESE

I need the plugin to translate the whole site and all its pages to SIMPLE CHINESE when the option is selected in the top nav.

The site is currently running on a test server that WILL NOT be the final URL, I will need to transfer the URL logged with the purchase to the correct live URL when it is working correctly.

I am using Kallyas which is an approved Theme with your plugin, I have asked the Kallyas developers and they have directed me to you guys.

Can you log in and get this plugin working and translating the whole site so I can go live for the client?

Email me if you need login details for the test site

June 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm #3968999

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you very much for the valuable information.

So, from my understanding, you are expecting to see the Chinese flag + menu showing up and the content to be translated.

The way the language switcher works is that it will show only the language flags that the current content was translated in.

So if the page/post was not translated yet into Chinese, it is the default behavior of WPML to not show that language.

Here you can find out more about how to translate with WPML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

Regarding the menu, the same thing is happening: if the menu is not translated, it won't show up.

Here is more info about how to translate the menu:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

The way WPML works is that it needs you to manually translate the content or if you use the ATE (Advanced Translation Editor), you have 2000 words for free to start with the automatic translation (machine translation).

Here you can find more about the ATE:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Can you please let me know if you translated the content and the menus already and they still don't show up?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 6, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3969595

ianp-12

The Chinese Flag is not showing in the top navigation, there is Chinese writing but the image is not displaying.

I have tried both Menu Sync and Manual Translation and it does not work, In both cases it just shows HOME in the navigation (which is not translated) None of the other navigation is visible.

I do not have TRANSLATION MANAGEMENT showing in my admin area or STRING TRANSLATION, I have downloaded and paid for your plugin. Have I downloaded the correct version? Have you had a look at the admin area of the site?

I have removed your plugin and re installed but still do not get the options you are describing please let me know if you can fix this for me as I need to go live. Or I will have to look at another solution as I have spent far too much time on this

Many thanks

June 7, 2019 at 3:31 pm #3977437

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Regarding the language flag, from what I can see, it is missing from this link where it should normally be (hidden link) and also the link is incorrect - it should point to a flag called zh.png, not zh-hans.

I will be more than happy to take a look on your site and try to make it show up.

Regarding the String Translation and Translation Management, due to the fact that you are on the "Multilingual Blog" type of membership, you can translate pages/posts and other types of content but you will not be able to translate strings from plugins or from themes, unless you have at least the middle membership here (https://wpml.org/purchase/).

In that link, you will also be able to see the difference between each type of membership and what each of them comes with.

Regarding the flag missing issue, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week in case you will answer today or this weekend.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

The topic ‘[Closed] setting it up’ is closed to new replies.