This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by veraK 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 24, 2019 at 8:19 am #4271469

veraK

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have on my Woocemmerce shop products from Printify. They have a plugin which allows the products to be uploaded straight onto the WordPress site.
My site is bilingual, Hebrew - primary language. The product gets published into the Hebrew products.
There is no problem with the products when they are in Hebrew, but when they are in English, I need to change their language setting.
The problem is, when one edits a Printify product page, it interferes with the product connection to the Printify shop. It displays wrongly and may not work.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? This is the page for an English product:
hidden link
This is the page for an identical (except for the printing on the T-shirt) product in Hebrew:
hidden link
You may see there are variations of size and color and there is the price in Hebrew - not in English.

I realize this is not a standard issue, but a serious issue for me, nevertheless.
I would really like to know whether it is possible to set the post (product, in this case) to English WITHOUT going into the Edit post screen. Something like the Quick Edit - or any other way.
This question is prompted by this particular problem, but I must say, I was thinking this many times before when the only thing required was to change the language of the post. It probably isn't just me wondering about this.
Thank you for your help,
Vera

July 24, 2019 at 9:19 am #4272303

veraK

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of this feature of chat support, new to me.
I installed the Printify plugin from the same place I install all the plugins, by searching it in the New plugin on the admin screen. It was free, and an extension of the Printify website service.
I do understand they did not yet make it multilingual. So it stands to reason it wasn't tested with WPML.
That is why I am asking if there is another way to change a post language.
AND BESIDES the current necessity with this particular plugin, it also will be useful for many people to shorten processes, when changing the language is ALL that is required.
Thank you.

July 24, 2019 at 9:53 am #4272631

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Hebrew, but when they are in English, I need to change their language setting.

Can you explain this - from which language to which language do you want to change this and why?

Is this the reason?

You may see there are variations of size and color and there is the price in Hebrew - not in English.

I would really like to know whether it is possible to set the post (product, in this case) to English WITHOUT going into the Edit post screen. Something like the Quick Edit - or any other way.

Is the main premise of your question whether you can translate these products, without losing connection to Printify?

This may be possible directly in database:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/what-is-trid-in-database/#post-2878135

However, this may not work at all and may have repercussions according to stock management and other things, because it is not meant to be changed in this way and information related to translations may be stored somewhere else as well, or needed for it.

As for the service itself, I have found several tickets related to Printful and I also worked on some of them, but I have found 0 tickets related to Printify in both our internal system and public forum.

I do understand they did not yet make it multilingual. So it stands to reason it wasn't tested with WPML.

Which plug-in exactly is it - is it available in the WordPress official repository?

But if the currencies are problem that concern you, have you checked this?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#multiple-currencies

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 25, 2019 at 7:48 am #4280331

veraK

Hello Bruno,

"Which plug-in exactly is it - is it available in the WordPress official repository?"
There is only one plugin to do with Printify: Printify for Woocommerce
hidden link

"I have found several tickets related to Printful and I also worked on some of them"
I am checking whether Printful works better, will look for these threads, thank you.

"Can you explain this - from which language to which language do you want to change this and why?"
My website's default language is Hebrew. Thus, all products are published by default in Hebrew.
I want to make both products for the Hebrew store and for the English one. These are print on demand products, so the printing (images) and descriptions would be different (as well as categories, etc).
Therefore, I need to re-assign language for the English product, from Hebrew (published there by default) to English. Without going through Edit.

As a side note:
I have also stated, that regardless of this issue, it would be a very welcome addition to the WPML functionality to be able to reassign language without opening the page/post, in the event that this is the only thing you need. Just as one may change the title, categories, tags, etc in the Quick Edit.

Thank you for your assistance.
Vera

July 25, 2019 at 8:38 am #4280877

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am checking whether Printful works better, will look for these threads, thank you.

If you decide to test there, see this answer of mine:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/printful-will-not-sync-correctly-with-woo-commerce-with-wpml-multilingual/#post-4124205

That was the only issue we were aware of.

So in a nutshell, you want the translations from Hebrew to be in Hebrew as well, but available through language switcher as English? In my opinion, this looks like a non-realistic scenario to achieve by any means or options we have in WPML.

Personally I have not seen a request like this on over 1000 tickets I covered in the last few months and I think that you should see about choosing another service or option to get this working in the way you want it, because this will be hardly achievable (if possible in any way).

I have also stated, that regardless of this issue, it would be a very welcome addition to the WPML functionality to be able to reassign language without opening the page/post,

I encourage you to suggest any feature you think WPML users may benefit from:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Please describe your suggestion in as much detail as possible, so that we can understand it and understand how it will make WPML better.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 25, 2019 at 10:55 am #4282043

veraK

So in a nutshell, you want the translations from Hebrew to be in Hebrew as well, but available through language switcher as English?
No!!!
I am not talking about translation!
I am talking about ASSIGNING a post to a language.
Everything in the post is already IN THE CORRECT LANGUAGE.
BUT
The post is ASSIGNED the WRONG language.
I have attached a print screen with the Edit page of a product, which has been REASSIGNED to English by the field I encircled.
Everything in the page was made at the Printify/Printful. All is already in English.
BUT
Because of the way the plugin works, it doesn't know to set the language to English. It places the products ALWAYS in the Hebrew language, REGARDLESS of its actual language.
THAT FUNCTION and nothing else is what I would like to be able to do WITHOUT going into Edit.
Thank you,
Vera

July 25, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4283447

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I apologise for not completely understanding the scenario. Based on your last messages, I guess I only suggest that you invite the plugin authors to our Go-Global Program:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Because in my experience, when we have connections with external APIs, this makes the whole compatibility testing process difficult and generally require the help from developers and external services.

It places the products ALWAYS in the Hebrew language, REGARDLESS of its actual language.

This means that it is not able to recognize the multilingual component on your site, so there should be some sort of a mechanism within the plugin itself, being able to possibly "read" options from the WPML and allow you to assign these products as I translations or to another language.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 25, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4284363

veraK

Bruno,
Thank you. I probably shall, because this is true and I absolutely understand what you are saying.
This is all NOT YOUR FAULT that it doesn't recognize the language. It's NOT a problem with WPML. Naturally.
HOWEVER
What I am asking is
IS THERE A SANE WORKAROUND which would allow, in the meantime, for people like me to work - even though there is no compatibility on the non-WPML side?
Is there a way you can think of to allow, even though it's NOT because you have neglected to do so, the re-assigning of language to post (which another plugin failed to correctly assign, yes) - without going to the Edit page?
Could you please think of a way to help all these people who are trying to improve their income by WooCommerce integrated with Printify or Printful - and meet this difficulty?
I very much appreciate the effort!

In addition, it would also serve people well, as everyone forgets once in a while to pay attention and makes content in the correct language but the wrong part of the website, and needs to re-assign the language. It happens to all I have talked to. And, just like the Quick edit is added in WordPress simply for convenience, to save people some time and hassle, so would this.
Thank you,
Vera

July 26, 2019 at 5:38 am #4287455

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Vera,

IS THERE A SANE WORKAROUND which would allow, in the meantime, for people like me to work - even though there is no compatibility on the non-WPML side?

You could try directly within database, According to this: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/#language-information-and-translations

Let me show you an example I tried on my site:
- I created a product in English, the product has an ID 153
- I went to database, the table being wp_icl_translations
- when there, you can find it by the element_id field, which is 153, because this is ID of this product as WordPress stored it within wp_posts table
- you can see the language_code field - upon creation, it was "en"
- I have changed it to "de" here (see the screenshot on how it looks now)
- The language code for the Hebrew language would be "he"

When I opened it and the front page, everything seems to be properly moved to another language. I cannot guarantee that it will work perfectly when it comes to orders for example, but I see no other way. Also, if you're having variations, then these variations will be seen according to other ID, usually the one that comes after the original product ID and I assume that you will need to change the language_code on that one as well.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 26, 2019 at 9:41 am #4288699

veraK

Bruno,
Thank you, I shall try that.
I would also like to ask here to treat the Printify as the Printful plugin, and, perhaps, work with them to improve this situation. Please.

If I can ask another question, which arose in the meantime:
When I have multiple currencies, and they are not restricted one to each language, how do I make it so there is no drop-down box with the possibilities on the front end, but each product is displayed only with its own currency, as set in the Product page?
Thank you, again,
Vera

July 26, 2019 at 10:03 am #4288957

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

If I can ask another question, which arose in the meantime:

I think this is the answer you are looking for:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-want-to-see-auto-current/#post-4273085

Regards,