Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 29, 2019 at 9:44 am #5041355

didierP-5

I translate my website in French (major) > English
Everything is OK for the translation for the media etc...just the settings of my French website Theme Avada ( color , css etc, ...) are different in English

November 29, 2019 at 2:04 pm #5043797

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please try this solution and see if it resolves the issue:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/theme-options-avada-did-not-get-copied-to-new-languages-at-install-of-wpml/#post-1120284

Some extra documentation:
hidden link

Please let me know if that solved the issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 29, 2019 at 6:29 pm #5045419

didierP-5

Thanks for your quick respond... That's OK now but I need to make this operation every time I change something on the theme on my main language ?

December 2, 2019 at 2:52 pm #5054809

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I am not sure about that (if it applies to everything) but I know that it applies to design styles for sure.

My recommendation would be to also write the developers of the theme in the theme support forum and see if they have any solution for this.

If they do provide a quick way to make things sync all the time (which I'm not sure if they can), would you please also share it with us here so that other people that might have the same question can find a workaround?

Thank you very much for your cooperation and please let me know what you will be able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai