This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 12:14 pm #3147793

fatihC-2

I am trying to: set 2 categories for 1 post, 1 for primary and 1 secondary. Seconday Language (english) shows the breadcrumbs in the right order.. First Primary and after secondary. However in the first(TR) language the breadcrum order and primary category is not working

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the breadcrumbs in right order for both languages.

Instead, I got: different breadcrumb order, and different primary category.

January 31, 2019 at 6:18 pm #3149330

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 1, 2019 at 5:23 am #3150445

fatihC-2

Hi Bigul

No, your solution did not work.

February 1, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3151935

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 2, 2019 at 6:24 pm #3154591

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. It looks like the breadcrumbs are showing the category term in the alphabetical order. I checked the theme options but there is no option to choose the order of the breadcrumbs. It requires further checking. Please check the attached images for more details.

So please share me the Category terms having the same issue for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 6, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3165392

fatihC-2

Hi Bigul

I think you are right. And there is not option to reorder them.

It seems we can do nothing about it right?

February 12, 2019 at 7:24 am #3186870

fatihC-2

Hi Bigul

Can you please check the demo site?

I created 3 categories with translations, attached to the post and with the help of yoast, I chose primary category for each translation. Still the breadcrumbs are in alphabetical order.

I believe it is wordpress standard

February 12, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3189764

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I can reproduce the issue on the demo site and the issue is existing after upgrading to the latest version of Yoast SEO(9.6) and WPML(4.2.1).

But I have a doubt. Please let me know more details about the following. Because *Breadcrumbs settings* option is disabled in Yoast(on Sandbox site). Check the attached image. So how you are managing the breadcrumb. It is from the theme(2017), am I right?

I created 3 categories with translations, attached to the post and with the help of yoast, I chose primary category for each translation. Still the breadcrumbs are in alphabetical order

Please let me know your feedback. So I can cross check it with our developers.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 13, 2019 at 6:10 am #3192196

fatihC-2

Yes, you are right. The breadcrumbs is disabled in Yoast, which I realized now. So the category tags actually comes from the theme with 'td-category' class. So it must be theme standard to see them in alphabetical order, it is not yoast's or wpml's doing.

Besides, breadcrumbs are enabled within the theme and they are visibile on posts. I think the primary and secondary category option from yoast has nothing to do with their alphabetical order because yoast breadcrumbs is not enabled. It seems WPML is innocent in this case until YOAST proves me wrong.

Well, I would not find this out without you notifying me Bigul. I'll post here when I have an answer from Yoast.

Only one thing, when we add translation to post, primary and secondary categories are not transferred. It might be solved when we activated the yoast in breadcrumbs.

Thank you

February 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm #3195536

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have forwarded the details to our second tier team for the expert opinion. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 15, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3206151

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, our developers has updated it is a default WordPress behaviour. Because the result is the same when WPML is inactive and the theme is 2017.

Have you got any feedback from Yoast team on this?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 20, 2019 at 7:44 am #3220145

fatihC-2

Hi Bigul

Yoast says, if we impletent Yoast Breadcrumb everything will be ordered as what we chose from primary and secondary. So the issue is not related to WPML.

Thank you for all the help my friend

February 20, 2019 at 4:06 pm #3222797

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Happy to know the issue is resolved now.

--
Thanks!

Bigul