This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 10:30 am #4306917

dirkM-14

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to have the switcher in the right top of the webstie next to the login (see image 1)

Is there a similar example that we can see?The option to use the menu language switcher is not available (see Image 2).

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Can you help me to get the switcher in the right place?..
Thanks in advance, Dirk.

July 30, 2019 at 10:35 am #4306969

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. The possibility to add your language switcher on that position depends on your theme. Does your theme provides you the option to add a content (for example a widget) or some code exactly on the position that you wish?

You can use below code to show custom language switcher on specific position:

do_action('wpml_add_language_selector');

Here is doc for custom language switcher:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Setting up the menu for language switcher’ is closed to new replies.