This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 3:46 am #2810702

carolinaR-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Setup Different editors for different languages using toolset plugin. I created multiple user accounts and setup the toolset groups for pages n posts and assign to the different uses, but some users are only able to edit 1 language(expected behaviour), some see 2 or more(not wanted). Not sure what is wrong as they are all done the same.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 12, 2018 at 8:46 am #2811287

carolinaR-9

Is this message private?

October 12, 2018 at 9:21 pm #2813100

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The correct way to add local translators is by following this steps:
- Install Translation Management plugin.
- Go to WPML -> Translation management -> If you haven't set up this plugin then select the "No thanks, I'm using my own translators" option -> Add the translators in the next step -> Finish the setup.

Then you can edit the language pair for each user in WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Roles.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

October 15, 2018 at 8:34 am #2816601

carolinaR-9

Hi.
It seems the translation management plugin does not work as needed. It show 2 columns with the original language on the left & the targeted language on the right. I need the regular interface for the language editor to customise their own language content with WPBakery page builder.

Also the plugin seems to disable the editor's ability to add new Posts unique to their own language which other languages should not see.

October 16, 2018 at 3:14 pm #2821526

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

Please follow this steps:
- Go to WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages -> Select 'Create translations manually' option -> Save the changes.

Could you tell me if the steps above solved the issue with the edit interface and Visual Composer?

Regards,
Carlos

October 17, 2018 at 3:41 am #2823100

carolinaR-9

Hi yes that solves the visual editor for the pages. But Individual language editors can create/edit post for other languages when I need it restricted to their own language.

October 17, 2018 at 7:32 am #2823520

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

If I understood correctly you desire to restrict users with the Editor role to only create content in certain languages. If this is the case, then it isn't within WPML's scope, as our plugin provides the possibility to grant certain users with the possibility or translate content from one language to another one, but it doesn't restrict users from creating content in WordPress.

Please let me know if I understood your request correctly.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 18, 2018 at 4:15 am #2826594

carolinaR-9

Ok noted on creating content.
But currently, the different editors are still able to edit other languages even though i setup the Access plugin.

October 18, 2018 at 5:09 am #2826627

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Through WPML's interface you can setup the language pairs for the local translators in WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Roles.

Best regards,
Carlos

October 18, 2018 at 6:41 am #2826794

carolinaR-9

I've created the user roles -> language pair but the editors are still able to edit languages outside of their language.

October 18, 2018 at 7:20 am #2826894

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

The Editor role by default in WordPress can edit any post in the site, this is a chacteristic of the WordPress' core. You can read more about it in this link: hidden link

This means that the Editor's capabilities falls outside of the scope of WPML.

Best regards,
Carlos