If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
March 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm #114586

Scott

Hello, I am using WPML on a lot of my sites and I came up with a little problem on my latest 3.5.1 site, where I download the all up-to-date plugin and I cannot go through setup. I am frozen at language selection, i.e. step two of the basic setup of WPML. I tried deactivating and reactivating it didnt work, i deactivated all other plugins, didnt work.

any ideas?

March 25, 2013 at 1:50 pm #114592

Scott

I removed it and reinstalled, still stuck

March 25, 2013 at 5:45 pm #114663

Harshad

Dear Scott,

Can you please enable a PHP error log file and check what's there?

From this page:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Let's see what it includes.

March 26, 2013 at 1:30 pm #115068

Scott

Here is what I get in the error log:

[26-Mar-2013 13:23:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in /hermes/bosweb26a/b362/nf.girvanmedia/public_html/bouctouche/newSite/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 7508
[26-Mar-2013 13:24:27 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in /hermes/bosweb26a/b362/nf.girvanmedia/public_html/bouctouche/newSite/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 7508
March 26, 2013 at 6:09 pm #115123

Harshad

Dear Scott,

The error_logs didn't help much, Can you pleas reset WPML and completely remove it fro plugins directory, then re-upload the zip file from plugins menu and activate it again.

To reset WPML please check the link below, See "2. Reset WPML and reactivate it".
http://wpml.org/faq/language-configuration-problems/

March 26, 2013 at 6:31 pm #115136

Scott

Ha! It wont let me reset either! I follow all the step, click in the check box but the "reset all language date and deactivate WPML" doesnt light up, I cant click on it

March 26, 2013 at 8:20 pm #115158

Harshad

Dear Scott,

I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.
Thanks.

March 28, 2013 at 7:55 am #115468

Harshad

Dear Scott,

Can you please check your site now?

On further investigation I found that, there were JS errors in Firefox -> Web-Developer -> Webconsole.

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

WP concatenates scripts (links them together in a chain or series). Unfortunately some servers can't cope with this.

So we need to add following line to the bottom of your wp-config.php file.

define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); 

I have installed English as default and Spanish as Secondary language, you can add/remove secondary language from wpml -> languages.

The topic ‘[Closed] Setup wont let me go through’ is closed to new replies.