Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 1, 2018 at 7:04 am #2259693

Alex Paulsen

Hi,

It seems that you are correct regarding the URL in question. Somehow a Swedish product page appeared in the Danish product listing. Don't know how or why, but I consider that part of the issue resolved. 🙂

Yesterday, I ran a quick test of the other URL's listed on the image in initial post. The only one of them pointing to the actual URL was /skenor-flera-faerger, which I've now deleted.

The rest of them, however, redirect me to a similar URL, but with /sv/ language code in the URL. This is good, because the URL's listed on the image contain swedish product names, but no sv-language-code. So the redirect itself is all good.

Now my question is: Since the URL's listed on the image are wrong and redirecting to somewhere else, how can I delete them?

Example: 'site/produkt/vedkorg102' redirects to 'site/sv/produkt/vedkorg102', which exists.

How can I get rid of these faulty URL's, when they can't be deleted from anywhere in the WooCommerce product listing?

I still have this issue unresolved:

"At some point, WPML has somehow switched the product-slug for English without informing me. I found out by coincidence after some time, that all English single-product-pages now uses the Danish product-slug, '/produkt/. When I try to fix this, single-product pages in English stops working.

What is the best way to fix this problem, so the English '/product/'-slug comes back on the Englsih single-product pages without triggered a bunch of 404's? "

Thanks for your continued assistance and answers.

Best regards,
Alex

h product translations.jpg
June 3, 2018 at 9:54 am #2265312

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi, Alex.

1. OK, thanks for considering this as resolved 🙂

2. When I check your site's copy on my local server, I also could not find the 'site/produkt/vedkorg-102' product.

I think that the issue is not deleting this product page (because it is does not exist) but deleting this entry from the product-sitemap.xml of your site.

When I check the product-sitemap.xml of your site's copy on my local server, it does not exist, and only the 'site/sv//produkt/vedkorg-102' exists.
Please see attached screenshot.
So you might want to check if disabling and then enable the sitemap again from the Yoast SEO plugin's options page removes this entry.
In any case, I hope that you can agree with me that it is an issue to consult the support of the Yoast SEO plugin and not our support forum.

3. Here is what I've done on your site's copy to solve the issue. Please try it on your site.
A. Take a full backup of your site.
B. Go to Settings -> Permalinks and scroll down to Products Permalinks.
C. Change the Custom base of the product permalink (/produkt/) to be for the Danish language and save the changes. Please see attached screenshot produkt-da.jpg
D. Press the 'translations' link and get to the Store URLs tab in the WooCommerce Multilingual screen.
E. Make sure that the English translation to 'produkt' is 'product' and save the changes. Please see attached screenshot product-en.jpg.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Is it solving this issue for you?

I look forward to your reply!

Itamar.

produkt-da.jpg
product-en.jpg
June 8, 2018 at 7:54 am #2399013

Alex Paulsen

Hi, Itamar,

Starting from the back:

3)
This seems to have done the trick. The English singleproduct-URL's are corrected and seems to be functioning properly. I also see why my previous attempts to do this failed. Lesson learned. 🙂

2)
I can try to disable the sitemap, and see if that makes a difference. Regardless of whether this issue is coming from WPML or Yoast, I do wish to share a cut-out of the latest crawl-report with you in the attached image.

Everything is explained on the image. Somehow unpublished product-drafts are crawled, and mixed up with English product-url's.
Excuse me for being so persistent on this issue, but since the English product-URLs are created through WPML-translations, isn't it possible, that WPML plays a part in generating these faulty URL's? I use Yoast a lot, and I've never seen it act this way, and I find it hard to believe that it is producing these errors on it's own.

In any case, the main problem here seems to be somehow related to the English (translated) product, 'Bakeoven-dish'. I can't figure out why, but getting that out of the way would likely be a big step forward in eliminating this issue. Is there anything you can check out on you local site?

Best regards,
Alex

h cr gb co s.jpg
June 10, 2018 at 5:48 pm #2403830

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi, Alex.

I'm not sure if you have tried my suggestion or not.
Have you disabled and then enabled the sitemap again from the Yoast SEO plugin's options page removes this entry to see if the problem persists?
If you did that, do faulty URL's keep showing in the sitemap?

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Several faulty product URL's outputted to crawling and sitemap’ is closed to new replies.