This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 10:12 am

Kent

Please read someone by experienced

I am trying to:
1) We had bi-language website and we wanted add a custom language (en_GB)

2) Also we wanted to change Language URL format default to A different domain per language. So kofana.co.uk, kofana.com and kofana.com.tr will be localized as we desired.

3) We have changed default language (TR) to EN because we have installed the site on kofana.com which is global.

All there function seems working but:

1) While we try to duplicate EN pages to GB version, I have used WPML override content from original (global); it perfectly create a GB pages from its original (EN) pages.

But when I tried edit some text or part of translated version or original content and then click pencil icon to make manual modify on the other version of page, it CREATES another page for it not modify the original one. How can I remove that linking? I cant modify for each page manualy 🙁

2) We have a portfolio slug defined in theme; I have translated it via String translation to TR to EN but when we added GB custom language it gives 404 errors. The portfolio posts also created by override content button.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

I would like to translate each language as usual before. When I click pencil I dont want to be created another post/page automatically and I would like to continue to modify each language independently (so I can customize for each language them)

Also I would like to change portfolio slug for each language and they must work perfectly

Instead, I got:

Ehen I try to modify a page/post which created by button (override content) it creates another post/page and cant customize the pages for each language.

I DID NOT EXPECTED it would be so problematic while planning opening our website and now VERY STUCK cause I cant complete and today the site must be LIVE 🙁

So please help me urgently

September 26, 2018 at 10:49 am #2766863

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I've checked things on your site, and if I understand correctly the problem that you are describing, then this is the expected behavior. I'll explain now what I mean. If a page is a duplicate of another page, then you cannot make any modifications in it. If you try to do that, then WPML will give you a message that you are updating a duplicated post and not lose your changes WPML will set this post to be translated. So once you approve this any modifications that you make in the original post will not automatically be reflected in the translated (previously duplicated) post. You will need to edit the translation and add those modifications. I was trying this on your site by creating a test page called 'WPML Test Page'. Please see the attached screenshot dup-page.jpg

If I didn't understand the issue correctly, then please tell me how I can replicate this issue on your site. Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

About the issue with the 404 at this link hidden link
Currently, I cannot see this issue. I see content when I visit this page. Please see the attached screenshot content-on-page.jpg
Have you fixed this issue already?

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] several problem after we set language per domain’ is closed to new replies.