Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 5, 2018 at 7:14 pm #2878149

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

I am implemented different shipping classes for my products. Everything works fine in English however when I try to verify the shipping cost for the same product in a language different than English it does not work.
I am trying to assign a different shipping cost depending on the product category and the shipping cost should be the same independently if the purchase is made in English or any other language (assuming that the final destination is the same).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: add a chandelier to the cart.

I expected to see: if for example I deliver the product to Japan I expect to read shipping costs different than zero.

Instead, I got: shipping cost different than zero only if I use the main website language (English).

Thanks in advance for your help.

F.

November 7, 2018 at 8:07 am #2883991

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Yes, in theory, the active language should not produce a different cost.

Could you please tell me the steps that I need to do to reproduce this error on your site? Is it possible to use a test product/test transaction?

Finally, I would like to review the setup on your WCML so I can set up a similar case on my test server. I am opening the private area for this information. I will need wp-admin privleges. At this point, I only need to review the configuration.

Thanks

November 8, 2018 at 8:16 am #2888396

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

THanks for the access, but to check the configuration settings, I require administrator privleges. The userid you have provided does not allow me to access WPML tabs or any other admin tools.

Thanks

November 8, 2018 at 8:38 am #2888443

anitaK-2

Dear Yvette,

Thank you for your message. I believe there is a misunderstanding because your account has full access to both WPML settings and Woocommerce. Please have a look at the images attached.

I think you do not need to get access to other plugins not related to WPML in order to troubleshoot the issue, isn't? In case please let me know what you need specifically.

Best regards.

F.

November 8, 2018 at 9:05 am #2888630

Yvette
Supporter

Please provide access to any kind of theme option settings as well as plugins. Thanks

November 8, 2018 at 9:17 am #2888661

Yvette
Supporter

On second thought and in order to move faster, if you are unable/unwilling to provide full admin access, then please provide a snapshot of your site with the Duplicator plugin,.

Troubleshooting the problem eventually might require being able to activate/deactivate plugins and themes as well as creating test cases freely. My interest, and I am sure yours as well, is to work through this problem as quickly as possible.

Having a snapshot of your site that I can freely manipulate on a local server can meet both of our needs.

I am opening the private area for this package and attaching here instructions on how to use the Duplciator plugin for our purposes.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks

November 12, 2018 at 12:09 pm #2898381

Yvette
Supporter

Thank you for the clone of your site.

I was able to get this to work by "resaving" the shipping methods defined for your shipping zones. (see images).

This is apparently a known quirk. It ahappens when the shipping method is created first and then the classes are translated. The re-save then aligns all the configuration.

I tried this on your cloned site and it now applies the shpping cost as expected.

November 12, 2018 at 1:20 pm #2898620

anitaK-2

Dear Yvette,

Thank you for your support, the problem is now fixed :)! Could I ask you as last action to remove the pictures of your previous message or alternately cut the top part of them where the name of the website is visible.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Best regards.

F.

November 12, 2018 at 1:35 pm #2898702

Yvette
Supporter

Great - I¨ve removed the images. We can close this ticket now.