This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 26, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3464399

hooiC

I am trying to: in Woocommerce - Settings-Shipping, I set the shipping rate of £12(sterling £) for Germany and was hoping it takes the fixed rate in WooC multilingual to translate but its not happening. it stays at €15.60 whatever £ I put in. I am not sure where this €15.60 is coming from. what do i have to do to fix the shipping rate fo Germany at €16 per cart?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 27, 2019 at 8:09 am #3468363

hooiC

Hi, I thought i sent you the settings so you can see where I put the shipping costs. I added £12(excluding vat,£ is the default currency for English site - see screenshot) as flat rate for shipping cost to Germany. but GErmany currency is set in Euro. as we are not registered in Germany, we have to charge 20% vat to shipping costs. Shipping cost including 20% vat is £14.40 and exchange rate is 1.11747851(see screenshot) which in Euro would be €16.09 and we have set rounding to nearest integer of 1(see screenshot) and we are hoping it will show €16.00 but instead it is showing €15.60 (see screenshot). If I put £12.1 in the flat rate setting for Germany, I get €16.80. I am expecting €16.23. I think when the £12.1 including vat 20%, it was rounded to £15(with no decimal) and translated at 1.11747851, it gives €16.76 and then it somehow gives €16.80. what i wanted was at £12(£14.40 incl vat) translated @1.11747851 to get €15.64 and rounded to €16.00

March 27, 2019 at 12:24 pm #3470933

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I tried a few combinations to get the 15.6 euros (which is not what you want, but will tell us how the system is calculating the prices) and the only workflow i found for it is the following:

- It takes the 12 pounds and transforms it into euros with the value: 13.40
- It rounds the value of 13.40 to 13.
- It gets the 20% of that price which is 2.6 euros and adds it to the 13
total: 15.60

This might mean that the VAT is calculated after the initial price has been transformed into euros and the rounding feature might not apply because the VAT never actually gets transformed from £ to € (you can dothe same with 12.1£ and it will give you exactly 16.80€
)

In this case, you might want to use the WooCommerce feature that allows you to set shippings per country, (WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping)

That way you can have different shippings depending on the country, and in there you can just add a flat shipping cost without adding taxes (it would be something in the likes of 13.5£ that should give you a 16€ value after the exchange ).

These are, however, WooCommerce features and not WooCommerce Multilingual ones. Remember that prices and everything else are not supposed to change between languages but between countries, regions and cities, which is WooCommerce's territory.

I hope i was clear enough, let me know how it goes.

March 27, 2019 at 12:24 pm #3470935

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I tried a few combinations to get the 15.6 euros (which is not what you want, but will tell us how the system is calculating the prices) and the only workflow i found for it is the following:

- It takes the 12 pounds and transforms it into euros with the value: 13.40
- It rounds the value of 13.40 to 13.
- It gets the 20% of that price which is 2.6 euros and adds it to the 13
total: 15.60

This might mean that the VAT is calculated after the initial price has been transformed into euros and the rounding feature might not apply because the VAT never actually gets transformed from £ to € (you can dothe same with 12.1£ and it will give you exactly 16.80€
)

In this case, you might want to use the WooCommerce feature that allows you to set shippings per country, (WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping)

That way you can have different shippings depending on the country, and in there you can just add a flat shipping cost without adding taxes (it would be something in the likes of 13.5£ that should give you a 16€ value after the exchange ).

These are, however, WooCommerce features and not WooCommerce Multilingual ones. Remember that prices and everything else are not supposed to change between languages but between countries, regions and cities, which is WooCommerce's territory.

I hope i was clear enough, let me know how it goes.

March 27, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3471747

hooiC

I already have the flat rate set up for Germany only. based on your explanation, its not possible to get to €16.00 incl vat as the amount excl vat of £12 after conversion using fixed rate:1.11747851 is €13 and €15.60(incl vat) . I think we have to live with €15.60 for now. thank you for your advice.