Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
October 3, 2023 at 7:59 am #14502007

nicolasE-10

Hello There, spend 15 hours in trying to translate my website ... really complicated .
First time i used WPML and i'm not really happy to be honest

7) VERY IMPORTANT, shipping fees are not working when i change language.
Add something to cart do to check out in english, it will give a fee and estimated delivery time. When i switch to other language, not working ...
I'm using a plugin named Gelato to calculate the fees and delivery time depending on the product and where to ship it.

Thank you for your help
Nicolas

October 3, 2023 at 8:24 am #14502159

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Nicolas,

Please login to this sandbox site and upload the "Gelato" plugin. (hidden link)

After that, please try to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, please let me know how to reproduce it.

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 1:57 pm #14505737

nicolasE-10

Well, don't get it cause it seems to work there.

I Added this product hidden link

and When i go to cart hidden link here and in the french translation, it works
hidden link

... Thanks

October 3, 2023 at 2:11 pm #14505799

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for trying to replicate the issue. please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps.

1- Deactivate all the plugins except the active ones on the sandbox site.
2- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
3- Deactivate Siteground caching.

If the issue is gone, activate them one by one to see which one is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Best regards,
Osama

October 3, 2023 at 6:33 pm #14508227

nicolasE-10

Ok, so actually, almost every plugin is deactivated, i've got just 3 WPML plugin, the Gelato plugin and woocommerce activated.
Theme is on basic wordpress theme, and issue still there ....

hidden link add something to cart, and go to checkout, you'll see something like this :
Economy (Estimated delivery: Oct 10 - 16): $8.15
Express (Estimated delivery: Oct 06 - 11): $20.54

And on French translation , i have this : Aucun mode d’expédition disponible. Assurez-vous que l’adresse que vous avez saisie est correcte ou contactez-nous si vous avez besoin d’aide.

Don't know what to do there ...
Thank you

October 3, 2023 at 6:54 pm #14508247

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please compare the shipping settings between the sandbox and your site. Also, please check the status tab on your site, you will see three fails. (hidden link)

Best regards,

October 3, 2023 at 7:09 pm #14508285

nicolasE-10

Yes, don't know why but plugin was disctonnected, i reconnected it , and shipping settings are exactly the same. i deleted some shipping classes i had, Enable the shipping calculator on the cart page

Still the same issue ...

Thanks

October 3, 2023 at 7:12 pm #14508289

nicolasE-10

I have an idea, let me add a new product, and check if it's the same problem.
Cause the products are added by the plugin, and as we did the translations after, i might consider the product in other language are not coming from him !!

October 3, 2023 at 7:30 pm #14508313

nicolasE-10

Well ... I added a new product, but it's not translated automaticly ...
So it appears in english but not in other language. If i add it to cart when i'm in english, and then goes to french version of the cart, it says there is nothing in the cart ...

And in the sandbox, the product i added is not translated either , but it shows in the cart when i swich to other language...
Don't get it .
Thank you

October 3, 2023 at 7:40 pm #14508393

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Because on the sandbox, the products post type is set to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language", while on your site, it's set to "Translatable - Show Only Translated items".

I've changed it on your site to be the same as the sandbox. Would you please check if you get the same result?

If yes, please translate the new post and check the issue.

Best regards,

October 3, 2023 at 8:24 pm #14508623

nicolasE-10

Ok .. so with what you did, theme reactived, plugins reactivated, we have the same result as on the sandbox !

But after i translate the product in french, issue came back.
That means, Gelato plugin consider that it's an other product, and not a product updated by him.
And That's a big problem because it's the main idea of the buisness lool .
Also, i hope there is a way to translate automactly the new products when they are added by Gelato plugin ... cause i'm supposed to load hundreds of products very soon ...

Thanks you

October 3, 2023 at 8:28 pm #14508629

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please contact Gelato support and consult them about this issue and if the plugin supports multilingual sites (Products).

If they said they support them, please ask them about their translation approach because the issue seems to happen because the translated products have different IDs.

Best regards,
Osama

October 6, 2023 at 1:34 am #14523611

nicolasE-10

Hello. I contact them, and they say the way WPML works with different IDs for translated product is not compatible with them ..
So I'm sorry and i thank you for your help, you were super reactive , but don't need the plugin in that case and will ask for a refund.
Thanks again

October 6, 2023 at 10:33 am #14526491

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I'm sorry to see you leave. Here is our refund request page. (https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds/)

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.