Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.68 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 16, 2022 at 10:35 am #12066817

nikiforosB

Hi, I have a shipping method in woocommerce. The name og the shipping is Ταχυμεταφορική in greek. I fond the string in the string translation and set the english translation. But it keeps showing the greek word despite the language on front end. I had this issue before on other websites and couldn't make it work either.

September 16, 2022 at 7:19 pm #12069441

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

First, please take a backup of your site, then go to Plugins > Install > Commercial and install the latest updates for our plugins.

If you do not see available updates, please click "Check for Updates".

Then, please check if the string "Ταχυμεταφορική" is assigned to the correct default language "Greek".

Guide: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/how-to-change-the-source-language-of-strings/

If this is the case, try locating the string again from WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screen (on the bottom of the page).
Then add the string to String Translation and translate it.

Guide: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

If this will still not solve the issue, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Shipping method cannot be translated in string translation’ is closed to new replies.