This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 56 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
November 7, 2018 at 1:25 pm #2885501

antoineL-11

Hello,

I have a big issue with the plugin : Table Rate Shipping (Border Elements).
WPML does not detect all shipping methods I have. It detects them when a cart is made with
a shipping zone that has not been used so far.

My website sells worldwide so I have lots of shipping zones (more than 130) with 4 to 5 shipping methods each. I can't possibly create all fake carts with various weights and various zip codes so WPML can detect the shipping titles accordingly :/.

Also, most shipping methods are duplicates from zone to zone (with different prices) so they have the same shipping method title. Is there a way to tell WPML to automatically use the translation if the string matches? (see attachment)

What I've tried so far :
- Theme and plugin localization : Scan the plugin
- String translation : Search for the strings I want to translate > 0 result
- I tried to click on "Translate texts in admin screens", it goes on error 504.
- I've contacted border elements support. (see their answer in attachment). I'll send them the link of this thread.

Any idea to fix this ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Antoine

November 8, 2018 at 7:05 pm #2890630

ericaD

Hello, I am the developer of the Table Rate plugin being used here. I was contacted first through my own support ticket system, but to the best of my knowledge option translation is handled through the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin used to bridge WPML and WooCommerce. If there is something I can do on my end please let me know. When I last meddled with this, no matter what I did, WPML always tried to translate after I did, so it kept overriding my own registered labels. Maybe there is a better way to go about it in this scenario...

November 9, 2018 at 8:31 am #2892264

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I am very sorry for late reply. The forum is overloaded and I have been asked to help with tickets today so I took your.

Could you install duplicator plugin at your page and share your site access details? Also please provide steps which I need to take to replicate the issue on your site.

I understand that every time a new client purchases something, providing different zip code, you see new entries in wpml st, yes?

November 9, 2018 at 9:36 am #2892490

antoineL-11

Hello,

My credentials are not hidden when I reply and now I have no more access to answer as private message. How can I do ?

--

Yes what you understand is correct.

If you use the duplicator package you'll see in woocommerce/shipping all my shipping methods with conditional rules. Like I said before, I have a lot of shipping zones with duplicated shipping methods.
At first WPML was unable to detect them for translation. My shipping methods are detected in WPML string translations only when they appear for the first time on Cart or Checkout pages.

They appear on Cart or Checkout pages under two conditions : Cart Weight and Shipping zone ( country and zip code). So there is a great number of shipping possibilities and WPML only detects the matching ones. Once I've translated those it works when the same shipping conditions are met.

Actually I have around ten different shipping methods, but I had to duplicate them to match prices according to shipping zones. Is there a solution to translate those ten shipping title once and let WPML automatically use them for english version ?

Sorry if it is unclear. I try my best to explain the problem in a language that is not mine :/

Let me know if you need more precisions.

Thank you
Antoine

November 9, 2018 at 10:35 am #2892748

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi Erica, could you help a bit? I guess your plugin has some register_single_string action call , right? Could you point me where it is?

November 9, 2018 at 10:37 am #2892749

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Antoine, I am marking your reply as private again. You should provide access information not in reply textarea, but there should be additional form fields for this

November 13, 2018 at 11:41 am #2902274

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

I am sorry for late reply, I am first day at work after the Polish holidays.

I was able to download your site but when I try to use it on the localhost, http reditrects me to https which is not supported on my machine.

Could you explain me the solution you use to enable SSL, so I will deactivate it?

November 13, 2018 at 1:28 pm #2902834

antoineL-11

Hello Konrad,

There are some lines on the HTACCESS you need to remove to disable https redirection :

Find this :

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ hidden link [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
RewriteRule (.*) hidden link{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

Thank you
Antoine

November 14, 2018 at 9:59 am #2905858

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi

thank you, I confirm htaccess contains it. But even if I delete the entire htaccess file (I also tried to delete only those lines) and switch browser to the one where I've never tested your site (I know Firefox is caching 301 redirections), I am still redirected.

So there must be something else. Could you point me to the right place?

Or could you replicate the issue on the next site with basic configuration so I will download it?

November 14, 2018 at 10:12 am #2905888

antoineL-11

Hello Konrad,

That's a bit odd. Can you have a look in wordpress general settings and make sure the website address starts with http and not https ? The issue could come from here. Try also flushing WP Super Cache and deactivate it ?
Except the HTACCESS and this, there is nothing left I see that may cause the redirection.

I did not understand what you ask me to do about replicating the issue on the "next site".

Anyway, I have to create a staging environment for another issue. I'll try to investigate on this redirection at the same time.

Let me know if the wordpress web address was indeed the issue.

Thank you.
Antoine

November 14, 2018 at 10:42 am #2905963

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hi, yes, this is very odd 🙂 I have your site installed at url hidden link. To be more precise this address works, but when i try to reach wp-admin at hidden link it redirect me to hidden link (notice https)

I had siteurl and home set in wp-config.php to hidden link but now to be 100% sure I updated those values to the same in {prefix}_options table.

As I was not able to access wp-admin I cannot flush cache rules, so I disabled wp super cache by renaming directory in wp-content/plugins. It didn't help.

So I did ultimate test and removed plugins directory entirely. But still the same 🙁

And yes: I removed themes directory as well but still the same issue 🙂

I also did a test in bash terminal with wget (to eliminate browser as the issue) and it shows the same: ut tries to redirect to https:

konrad@konrad-TOSHIBA:~/tmp$ wget <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
--2018-11-14 11:35:48--  <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
Translacja localhost (localhost)... 127.0.0.1
Łączenie się z localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:80... połączono.
Żądanie HTTP wysłano, oczekiwanie na odpowiedź... 302 Found
--2018-11-14 11:35:49--  <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
Łączenie się z localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:443... nieudane: Połączenie odrzucone.
Translacja localhost (localhost)... 127.0.0.1
Łączenie się z localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:443... nieudane: Połączenie odrzucone.

> I did not understand what you ask me to do about replicating the issue on the "next site".

I meant, if you know how to replicate the issue, please install somwhere clean wordpress (but this time not on https), wpml plugins, woocommerce and table rate shipping, configure it and share the dump from this new site with me.

November 14, 2018 at 12:26 pm #2906295

antoineL-11

Ok, i've duplicated the website on hidden link.

I don't have any redirection issue. I've used duplicator plugin to create this clone and used their installer.php file.

I can send you a duplicator package from this clone if you want. Mark my next message as private so I can do it.

Another solution could be to run your tests from the clone I've created.

As you wish 😉

November 14, 2018 at 1:21 pm #2906495

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Please share a duplicator, I need to run tests with xDebug which works locally 🙂

November 15, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2909934

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

I was able to install it and I can see wp-admin. It works veeeery slow (I get errors maximum exeuction time exceeded) but I think I can overcome it.

For time being, please provide me detailed steps:

- for the scenario which end with lack of shipping rates

- for the scenario which ends with correct shipping rates

When I say detailed steps, I mean two lists of steps which starts like:
- i visit front page of my shop in language (language)
- i display product (product name)
- i put this product in the cart

and so forth. Also if it requires to set anything in wp-admin, chime in into the list at correct stage

November 15, 2018 at 2:22 pm #2910418

antoineL-11

Hello Konrad,

Yes I know, the website is slow. I did not make any improvement on that matter yet.

Anyway; back to our main issue. Here are the detailed steps you can follow :
On back end :
1 - Woocommerce > settings > shipping : Make sure you have all my shipping zones and methods (see screenshot attached to have an idea).
2 - We'll take an example for the next steps : On the same page > 3rd row : TRANSPORT MESSAGERIE SCHENKER - POLOGNE ZONE 1 > On shippig method'(s) copy DBS - SCHENKER SYSTEM - POLOGNE ZONE 1
3 - Go to WPML > String Translations > Paste what you copied to search for this string. You should have 0 results. (this is the main issue). You could scan the plugin once more with WPML if you want but it won't change anything

Now let's go to the Frontend.
1 - On front-end, view the english version of the website
2 - Open any product and add 10 Drums of 10L to Cart
3 - Go to cart page. You cart weight should be 121kg.
4 - On the same page > Cart totals table > Shipping row : Click on Calculate Shipping. Select Poland and in Post Code/Zip enter a value between 00*...05*. > Click on update.
5 - Here you should see the shipping method you copied earlier (not translated) and others.

Now let's go back to backend.
1 - Open a new tab and go back to WPML String translations. You should now see appear the shipping methods from your cart
2 - Translate at least "Enlèvement Client" but I would recommand translating all of them. You can use dummy text, it does not matter here.

Back on Front End :
1 - Refresh your cart. The shipping methods should now appear translated.
2 - Click on "change address" and in Post Code/ZIP enter a value superior than 06*.
3 - Click on update > Now new shipping methods should appear since you are in a different shipping method. But as you can see the shipping method labeled "ENLEVEMENT CLIENT" that you translated before still appears non-translated.

Back to Backend.
1 - Go back to WPML String translations > you should see the new shipping methods from your cart and bellow the ones you've already translated.

CONCLUSION :
WPML ST does not detect shipping methods if they have not been used once. IF you don't succeed replicating this issue. I can make a screen video capture step by step to show you.

I hope this is detailed enough :/ Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you
Antoine