If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gwynW 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 4:25 pm

gwynW

I am trying to:

Use my store in my default language (Welsh).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The English (translated) language shop looks normal hidden link

Instead, I got:

hidden link - it appears related to the database. It's as if WooCommerce cannot find the details of the default language versions of the products, and can only find the details of the translated language versions.

This has happened a few times over the last couple of weeks. I've restored a backup and it's been OK, but some time later, even maybe some days later, the problem will return. And I keep having to restore again. But this time I've left it like that because I want it fixed. I have a new product that I want to sell which is released October 12th, so I would really like if this could be fixed before then. Many thanks. Gwyn.

October 10, 2018 at 9:03 am #2803540

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I visited both of your shops but could not discern any difference between the two.

Please send me an annotated screenshot of what you are seeing and/or how to reproduce the problem on your site directly.

Thanks

October 10, 2018 at 12:03 pm #2804135

gwynW

Hi Yvette,

Sorry, my site seems to have come back into full working order by itself. Since I've begun having this problem, I've always though that the problem just appears after x amount of time, and then stays. But perhaps it's intermittent, and can disappear just as easily as it arrives. So perhaps it will come back. It is always only the Default language (Welsh) store that is affected. The translated language (English) store is always OK.

Does the Troubleshooting log that I provided (when the problem was experienced) give you any clues as to what might have been wrong?

I'm afraid I didn't take a screenshot of the problem. But to describe briefly, the green bar at the top was present, also the title 'Siop' was present, but nothing below it was showing. Along the right hand side of the screen, there was a hyperlink list of all my recent News posts. But these stories are removed from my theme so shouldn't appear at all. Very strange.

Thanks,
Gwyn.

October 10, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2804476

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Intermittent problems ususally suggests a server related issue. Sometimes caching is involved. What I would suggest is checking with your hosting provider when/if it happens again as they have access to more logs and can check for any anomalies.

If you DO manage to catch it happening, you could take a snapshot of the site using the Duplicator plugin and then send that package to us on the forum.

We could then take a look at the database and see if there are any clues as to what is going on. Duplicator is a free and relatively easy to use plugin. You could try using it now to get familiar with it - then when you need it - just launch it.

I wait for your reply.

October 18, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2827929

gwynW

Hi, I've not had this issue since. At the time it was happening a lot over a couple of weeks, and I kept having to restore a backup to get it working again (which is why I thought it was a problem with my site rather than the server). But perhaps you're right and it was a server. We can close this call now, and I can always re-open if it comes back and if I think it's related to WPML. Thanks.