This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3577087

michaelV-51

Shop page, (woocommerce) only shows shop products in English language, all other languages show blank empty shop.

April 15, 2019 at 8:39 am #3611159

Oscar Miras

Hi,

The language switcher in the top menu bar might have not been displayed because it is part of the custom template of the theme. Nevertheless, I've enabled footer menu switcher and other languages are neither displayed allthough shop pages are translated in the secondary langauges. What's more, some products are translated in several languages, so I'd expected to be able to change language in the shop page.

I'm going to ask for advice to second tier support. Please, do not disable footer menu switcher as second tier may need to check it to try to figure out the problem.

Thank you in advance,
Oscar.

April 15, 2019 at 11:38 am #3613125

michaelV-51

Hi Oscar,
ah the footer menu was you! I saw it this morning (early) and thought 'oh no we've been hacked.....and they....added a footer menu?' So I've gone ahead and put that back to where it was! 😛

Yes, as you described this is the situation. It would be good to have the eyebrow top menu changer on the shop page, if you can't do it, I think I could technically get by without it, seen as most people might just go by the images and not the titles? and then at least the products are switchable per language.

Anyway, I'll leave it with you. I might end up with text on the shop page later, which would be better translatable. You'll need the new password for wordpress access, I'll put it on a secure form if you can make it available. Cheers 🙂

April 15, 2019 at 11:58 am #3613209

Oscar Miras

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry I should have warned you that I was going to perform such a test.

Regarding the top menu changer, it may be possible to achieve it, we'll try to figure it how. That's one of the reasons I asked for help to the second tier.

Besides, regarding user account, I have created one wpml-support account so P2 have access to the site to check the problems. Besides, it's convenient to have a separate user account so we can keep track of changes. If it is fine for you, we can leave it that way.

I'm now working along with the second tier to try to figure out the problem and I'll update you as soon as I have some news. You can still work on your page as it is very likely we may try to reproduce the issue in another environment.

Coming back to you soon.

Best wishes,
Óscar.

April 18, 2019 at 7:58 am #3636959

Oscar Miras

Issue escalated to developers team. Waiting for information.

May 2, 2019 at 7:17 pm #3728621

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from the 2nd tier support team.

It seems that this happened because all your translated products are draft and not published, so can you please publish them, or at least publish one product in each language, and I think this will fix the issue for you.

Please let me know if that helps.
Best regards.