This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderS-98 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 10:31 am

alexanderS-98

Hello

I have a site in 2 languages: primary greek, secondary english.
The problem I am facing is with the label of Shop page appearing in breadcrumbs which in most cases appears translated in english except when it comes in product category.

The following examples will give you a better understanding. The breadcrumbs is as follows in primary language

Shop page: Home/Κατάστημα[shop in greek]
Category page: Home/Κατάστημα/Όνομα κατηγορίας[product category in greek]
Product page: Home/Κατάστημα/Όνομα προϊόντος[product name in greek]

In secondary language, the same examples are:

Shop page: Home/Shop
Category page: Home/Κατάστημα/Product category name
Product page: Home/Shop/Product name

As you can see my problem lies only when viewing the category page in secondary language which I find it very strange since it shows translated in all other examples. All links work as expected.

- I have already created a stage site where everything is updated (WP, WC, Theme, Plugins)
- Deactivated unnecesary plugins
- Checked WPML-> String Translation for missing translations

Is there a way to reset the translation and make it again? If yes, where can I find the corresponding translation? Any thoughts on the matter is more than welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Alexander

August 19, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4419085

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. Do you know if these breadcrumbs are built into the theme templates? Have you tried temporarily switching to a default theme such as Twenty Nineteen to see if the product category show correctly there?

Please also try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

August 20, 2019 at 6:20 am #4420669

alexanderS-98

Hello Lauren

indeed the creation of breadcrumb is theme related. Activating TwentyNineteen only displays the breadcrumb in the form of Home/[Category or Product or Page etc].

The question that arises is how come the the exact same thing (Shop link) is displayed translated/non-translated in the breadcrumb. Also, how can I delete the translation and redo it just in case something is bugged?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Alexander

August 20, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4423455

Lauren
Supporter

It sounds like it might be a compatibility issue with your theme. I don't see the theme listed here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

To confirm this, I have created a fresh install. Can you please install the theme there, and then I will set up some products and categories so that we can further test?

Here is the fresh install where you can login:
One Click Login:hidden link
Username:demo
Password:2GO8f4Dhz2wP

August 20, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4424745

alexanderS-98

Hi

I have uploaded my theme in the clean installation. I will also do a clean install on my end.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Alexander

August 21, 2019 at 12:51 am #4426867

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for uploading the theme. I was able to reproduce the issue as you can see here:
hidden link

So I can confirm that the theme is not fully compatible with WPML. Do you happen to have any contact information for the theme author? I can escalate this to our compatibility team and they can reach out to the author. Please keep in mind that it may take some time to resolve depending on how quickly we get a response.

August 21, 2019 at 6:09 am #4428173

alexanderS-98

Hi

The only contact information I have is the following email: info@la-studioweb.com

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Alexander

August 21, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4432977

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks, I have escalated this to our compatibility team for further investigation. I will update here as soon as I we have more information.

August 21, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4434889

Lauren
Supporter

Please make a small change in one of the theme files. In wp-content/themes/negan/framework/classes/class-breadcrumbs.php replace line 853 with:

$this->_add_item( 'link_format', __($label, 'negan'), $url );

and also make sure the string 'Shop' of the 'negan' domain is translated in WPML -> String Translation.

Now, if you visit the accessories page, do you see the translation?

August 22, 2019 at 4:44 am #4436297

alexanderS-98

Hi Lauren

this really did the trick and solved the problem. Hopefully they will implement it in an upcoming update of the theme.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Alexander

August 22, 2019 at 4:45 am #4436299

alexanderS-98

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!