This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.29 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The shop page content disappear in the secondary languages.

Solution:

Resave the product settings at WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > Products

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by omarA-20 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 8:19 am

omarA-20

Hello,
I always had this annoying problem and no one could ever fixed it.
When I change the template or when some updates are released the products on shop page in the second language disappear. I had to disable automatic updates on the server otherwise the products disappear without I even know it and I loose sells.

I hope this time there is someone who can help me to fix this forever.

My first language is Italian, second one English.
I switch template from Storefront (Woocommerce) to North (SiteOrigin). I even tried I tried Twienty Sixteen but nothing changed.
All the plugins and WP are updated and I tried to disable most of the plugins checking for incompatibilities.

Thanks

October 7, 2019 at 8:23 pm #4710731

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look at your WordPress Dashboard and noticed the issue of an empty shop page happens for the english shop page (which is your default language page) at: hidden link but not in your secondary language (italian in your case) at: hidden link. I tried to access your duplicator package to proceed with a detailed investigation but it doesn't seem to be available (the url points me to trashed file). Can you review it please? A duplicator package will help me to test and debug your website into details. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

October 7, 2019 at 9:05 pm #4710829

omarA-20

Hello Marcos, I didn’t make the backup with Duplicator but I already made a backup in my server, I prefer use that tool than Duplicator. So, I fully authorize you to do whatever it takes to fix my problem, in case anything goes wrong, with just one click I’ll restore everything, so don’t worry, please do whatever you think it’s necessary, I shared all the accesses.
Thanks for your help

October 8, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4717621

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed everything works properly when the product settings are saved again in your WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > Products. You can see the both shop pages working at:

English: hidden link
Italian: hidden link

Can you please confirm if the issue is solved on your side? I recommend you to resave the mentioned settings after a theme update as it seems to be working as it should. Have a nice day.

October 8, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4717831

omarA-20

Awesome Support! Thanks so much Marcos, you helped me a lot!