We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 3:46 pm
May 10, 2019 at 11:35 am #3783783

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for the files - I also sent this query related to custom rewrite function to our 2nd tier who is in charge of this ticket. I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 20, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3847533

Kim Gamez

Good Morning Bruno just wanted to check in and see if you have had any response from the second tier support regarding the custom rewrite function I was looking to use as a band aid or if they have any updates on to why the rewrites are being changed.

May 21, 2019 at 7:34 am #3852683

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

If there were, I would update this thread immediately. However, there have been no replies or testing done on their side as it seems, so I have nothing new to share with you yet.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 24, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3884713

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Our 2nd tier did a very thorough testing of this and let me try to summarize this:
- regarding your question to custom permalinks code, the answer is no, adding rules for "tienda" wont do it.

As for other observations and testing, here is their direct answer:

- "I am almost certain this is caused by having Pages set to fallback-mode. The problem is I cannot replicate it to confirm. Will the customer accept to change pages to translatable? He would have to duplicate any pages he hasn't translated (with TM its quick). This would serve both as a workaround for him and as a confirmation of the cause that we can work on to fix it."

Let me know what you think!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 24, 2019 at 7:49 pm #3887371

Kim Gamez

Bruno,
I am open to trying anything here to come up with a solution to the issue. I have found that if I edit and save the translated shop page /tienda from the backend of the site it seems to trigger the issue in most cases. If he would want to attempt that to get it to break.

Like I said we are open to whatever it will take to get this issue figured out. If you could explain in more detail what it is you are asking me to do I would be open to doing it on our staging site to test. Was the dev not able to get the copy of the site I sent to work by doing what he suggested. I am a little confused.

Also as a bandaid to the issue I have added the following function to keep WPML for translating the slug and having "shop" being replaced by "tienda" when the rewrites are flushed. I had to adjust the regex a little to keep it from happening but adding a ^ before shop seems to have done the trick.
[php]
function mipadrino_fix_broken_shop(){
add_rewrite_rule('^shop/?$', 'index.php?post_type=product', 'top');
add_rewrite_rule('^shop/feed/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$', 'index.php?post_type=product&feed=$matches[1]', 'top');
add_rewrite_rule('^shop/(feed|rdf|rss|rss2|atom)/?$', 'index.php?post_type=product&feed=$matches[1]', 'top');
add_rewrite_rule('^shop/page/([0-9]{1,})/?$', 'index.php?post_type=product&paged=$matches[1]', 'top');
}
add_action('init', 'mipadrino_fix_broken_shop');
[php]
Now when the rewrites are switched from shop to tienda those rewrites still force that url to be a product archive page.

Please let me know what my next steps should be and again I thank you for taking this inquiry serious.

May 27, 2019 at 1:53 pm #3897993

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've sent this all further to our 2nd tier - I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 2, 2019 at 10:21 am #4328891

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have some news - we were able to find what is causing this:

"Thanks to user for this info "I have found that if I edit and save the translated shop page /tienda from the backend of the site it seems to trigger the issue in most cases. "

The issue has been escalated to our WCML developers and I will keep you posted on how development goes!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 5, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4342801

Kim Gamez

Bruno,
That is great news. Please let me know when there is a fix for the issue.

August 12, 2019 at 5:56 am #4378475

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this should go into the next WooCommerce multilingual version (not sure when it will be published, but hopefully soon).

This is how we were able to reproduce this:

- setup WCML + WPML in 2 languages
- translate shop page to second language ( automatically or manually )
- create few dummy products
- visit shop page in both languages and make sure they working fine
- go to admin and update shop page in second language
- got to shop front page in default language
- notice broken page without products

Once the new WooCommerce multilingual is released, you need to just re-save shop page in backend.

Once it becomes available for download, please try and let me know!

Regards,
Bruno Kos