This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kreettaA 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 11:29 pm #3635005

kreettaA

I am trying to:
Open WooCommerce shop pages in Swedish, for example this page
hidden link
or
hidden link

But neither of them open, while Finnish or German translations of the same page work perfectly:
hidden link
hidden link

The WooCommerce product admin pages do not load either, if Swedish or English is selected.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Pages open normally, like
hidden link
hidden link

Instead, I got:
Server timeout error. Something keeps on loading forever.

April 18, 2019 at 3:49 am #3636031

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I am receiving a "504 - Service currently unavailable" error message, it seems there are some php errors or server errors which is creating the issue, so to identify the error, could you please perform the below steps:

Debugging

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Contact your hosting provider and ask if any server resources limitation is creating this 504 error? You can also ask for server error logs and share with us here, so we can check it once.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 18, 2019 at 8:36 am #3637387

kreettaA

It seems to be the same, or similar issue to this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/database-error-7/

So, disabling String Translation worked for now. Can't have it deactivated for long, though.

April 18, 2019 at 9:11 am #3637555

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the info.

To further debug this issue, I would need to replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging, so could you please provide me a backup of your wp-content (without uploads) as well as database backup so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

You can zip these files and upload to google drive later to share it with me.

Enabled the private reply for you.

Thanks

April 23, 2019 at 9:42 am #3661447

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I replicated your site on my localhost and couldn't replicate the issue, so it looks like some site related issues.

In the meantime, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with some improvements and fixes. Being so, may I kindly ask you to update the plugin to the latest version and share with us the results.

BACKUP NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

April 25, 2019 at 8:46 am #3680201

kreettaA

I updated all plugins to their latest versions, and the issue still persists.

April 25, 2019 at 11:17 am #3681639

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

I would like to inform you that this issue is escalated to our developer's team and they are working on it right now.

I will update you here with there feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks

April 25, 2019 at 11:27 am #3681731

kreettaA

Thank you very much. I've tried all that I can think of. I suspect that the issue has something to do with the shared WordPress core and this type of hosting solution. I wonder if you've done any similar fixes or special rules to make WPML compatible with WPEngine, Pressable and such? I saw some fixes regarding siteurls in the most recent WPML changelog.

April 26, 2019 at 9:20 am #3689149

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

We recently released new versions of WooCommerce Multilingual plugin version 4.6.2 which cover the issues that you are having. Being so, may I kindly ask you to update the plugin to the latest version, it would also be nice if you can check the problem with the latest version and share with us the results.

BACKUP NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

April 26, 2019 at 1:34 pm #3690997

kreettaA

I updated the plugin to 4.6.2, but the issue is still there. For some reason, the issue is gone from the English version of the shop page. I've deleted all caches, recreated the shop page in the problem language (Swedish), tried to set the page to be translated via the Translation Editor and not to be translated that way. I got it to work once or twice by trying to edit the page with the classic editor instead of Gutenberg, so that's one clue to follow. However, I switched Gutenberg on/off for that page, and later it didn't have any effect, so it may have been something else as well. But Gutenberg is one of the possible issues here.

April 29, 2019 at 8:49 am #3701235

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

We recently released a new version of WooCommerce Multilingual plugin version 4.6.2.1 which fixes the issues that you are having. Being so, may I kindly ask you to update the plugin to the latest version, it would also be nice if you can check the problem with the latest version and share with us the results.

BACKUP NOTE:

Thanks

May 1, 2019 at 8:59 am #3717109

kreettaA

The 4.6.2.1 update of WooCommerce Multilingual seems to have fixed the issue.