This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I check the translation of a product, the slug is the one used in the original language, even though the translation is done.

Solution: Go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation and make sure that the slug for the Product is set here too. Press the Save button, go to Dashboard → Settings → Permalinks, and save again the permalinks.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by karolinaV 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm

karolinaV

I am trying to:
Translate shop slug.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

<em><u>hidden link</u></em>
Pass for viewing site is "whoop"

// please hide this section

I expected to see:

<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

// please hid this section

Instead, I got:
Untranslated slug, even when translated in WC Multilanguage hidden link. With products/produkty it works just fine. Could you have a look?

September 16, 2019 at 5:13 am #4576327

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Karolina,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I tried to check the settings of your website but I could see that the dashboard area is restricted to only specific areas. In this case, can you whitelist my IP (74.50.54.120) and give me a message once you did this, please? Once I'll have access to the dashboard area, I'll check the products settings and see why is this happening.

Thanks,
Radu

September 16, 2019 at 8:18 am #4577339

karolinaV

Hi Radu,
I'm sorry, forgot about it. I've whitelisted EU and NorthAmerica, let me know if it helps. And please, anonymize or make private parts of my support question, thanks a lot!
Karolína

September 18, 2019 at 4:29 am #4592405

Radu
Supporter

Hey Karolina,

I checked this one several times but I couldn't understand why is this happening. I was trying to replicate this one on my website but everything works fine when I'm trying to do this on my side.

As I can see, you're using a couple WooCommerce add-ons and a caching plugin too. Is there any chance that you could deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and WooCommerce, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if the issue is still available, please? I just want to make sure that this is not a compatibility issue between WPML and one of the plugins (or theme) that you're using.

Thanks,
Radu

September 18, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4599577

karolinaV

Hi,

I still have the issue there even if I deactivate all the plugins. Any idea how to solve? I can make you a duplicator package.

On the server, there is no caching plugin, just OP cache (but I've deactivated it via FTP)

Best regards,

September 20, 2019 at 11:40 am #4611761

Radu
Supporter

Hey Karolina,

Please create a duplicator package and give me a message back once it's done so I can download it. This way I'll be able to create a copy of your website and even pass to the 2nd tier support of it needs a bit more investigation.

Thanks,
Radu

September 20, 2019 at 12:11 pm #4611997

karolinaV

Hi Radu, Duplicator package is ready (without the WP media) and you can download it from the admin. Please keep me posted since it's getting a pretty urgent problem. We're launching the website Wednesday.

September 23, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4625061

Radu
Supporter

Hey Karolina,

Can you tell me if you can download the archive from here, please? hidden link

I tried to download it a couple times (using different browsers too) but it fails. Once I'll have this archive, I'll move on quickly to identify what's causing this issue and get everything back to normal as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Radu

September 24, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4632861

karolinaV

Yes, I can, here you go (without the images etc.) hidden link (3 downloads / or 7 days)
Otherwise, please just go ahead and download the needed files via FTP and DB. PHP MyAdmin is here: hidden link

Thanks and sorry for the delay, but I was offline.
Karolina

September 25, 2019 at 10:22 am #4637867

Radu
Supporter

Hey Karolina,

Can you check again the product in original language and on secondary one, please? Things should work well this time.

Thanks,
Radu

September 25, 2019 at 10:36 am #4637943

karolinaV

Works! What was the problem and how you've solved it? Just to know it for the next time? Thank you!