This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 10:34 am #3638301

richS-2

I am trying to: translate url /shop to /boutique (french)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: /fr/shop.. instead of /fr/boutique

Strange: the product categories get the right slug (boutique), the products themself have the wrong url /fr/shop while the add to cart buttons show the right link /fr/boutique/?add-to-cart=369

I tried to delete the shop slug transaltion and translated new - nothing.
I tried to scan Target Links - server cpu way above the limit.

Btw, it's allmost impossible to work with translations in the backend as it ALWAYS exhaustes CPU and memory.

memory limit is set to 256
max memory limit is set to 256

The performance issue is known, see my other ticket and many tickets from others.
My child theme (based on storefront) sure isn't the fastest yet but as I understand this has nothing to do with working in wpml backend.

If I would have known all those problems with wpml I would have defently not chosen this plugin.

Any Idea except of deinstalling all plugins and using a default theme? I can't do this because I will lose customizations.

April 18, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3640589

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @richs-2, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please edit the Shop page using the manual editor and modify the slug:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar (see screenshot)
- Select your editor preferences and save
- Edit the slug on the translation and save

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

April 18, 2019 at 5:41 pm #3641177

richS-2

Hi Diego,
We tried your suggestion and it made no difference. We also went through and set all product translations (English - French - German) as complete in WooCommerce MultiLigual and flushed all WMPL cahces. The French products still display wrong URL to "fr/shop" and not to the URL "fr/boutique". We really need your expertise in finding a solution.

April 19, 2019 at 4:24 pm #3647511

richS-2

so, it' still not working.

mysitee.com/shop - in french -> mysite.com/fr/boutique = ok
mysite.com/shop/product1 - in french -> mysite.com/fr/shop/product1 = NOT ok, should be mysite.com/fr/boutique/product1

when showing the french shop page (fr/boutique) the links to the products point to /fr/shop.. while the add to cart buttons show the right link (fr/boutique?add-to-cart=...)

i deleted the slug translation, reset the permalinks and filled them again with custom slugs, translated them again, fifteen times, nothing works.

Any idea?

April 19, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3647731

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] shop slug not translated in url’ is closed to new replies.