This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ranaN 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
March 2, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3264603

ranaN

Tell us what you are trying to do?
> I would like to show all the posts and tours inside my Spanish home page just like my English home page. But right now, I can only see the translated items (post and tours) on my Spanish page. But I want to show them all, the translated items beside the ones that are not translated yet in Spanish home page.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
> -
Is there a similar example that we can see?
> -
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

March 4, 2019 at 2:01 pm #3269158

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum,

I'm not sure how you are displaying the tours post on the home page. However, I would recommend you to adjust the translate rule settings of the post and tours post type.
Goto WPML > Settings > Post type translation. Set the translation rule to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" for the post type posts and tours.

I hope this would help solve the issue.

Let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

March 5, 2019 at 7:20 am #3271847

ranaN

Hi,
It worked for 'tour' but still, it doesn't show the blog post on the first page.
Plus, right now I can see all the languages even for non-translated tours! It is not what I was expected to see.

March 5, 2019 at 10:42 am #3272931

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry, I missed informing about the implications of changing the translation settings for tours and post. this will display the untranslated posts throughout the site. However, that is the only way we can display all the tours from WPML settings. If you want that to be specific on the home page then it can only be done using custom coding. We are not sure how the theme handles the display which is beyond our support scope.

However, I would request temporary access to your site. Let me see if there is any possibility. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

March 5, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3273821

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I have checked your site, I am afraid, it is not possible to display all posts and tours only on the home page using the page builder. Since there is no option to control this behavior However, this may be possible with custom coding which is beyond my support capability.

Kind regards
Raja

March 5, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3273931

ranaN

My issue is not resolved for now.