This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by reneD-20 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4589601

reneD-20

Hi,

I want to show the comments in all languages.

Please give me a piece of code or a plugin to achive this.
( If the comments are merged its good too )

And I see everywhere these hidden links and i am logged in why is this happening?

Thank you,

September 18, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4599989

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before giving you a detailed and accurate answer I would need to give a look where the issue happens, maybe a blog post with some comments, also do you need to see the comments in all the languages in the backend or frontend of your website?

In any case I found this plugin for you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-comments/ I think it provides the features you need. Please, keep in mind third party plugins aren't in our responsibilities, so use it with caution.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Hope it helps, have a nice day.

September 20, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4611867

reneD-20

Hello,

this plugin and all other 3rd party plugins are not working, because they are pretty shitty.

In WPML there is the function:
/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/query-filtering:
public function comments_clauses_filter( $clauses, $obj )

The only thing you need to do is to provide an option to deactivate this filter function via the backend. But you just don't care, and with you I mean not you in particular, I mean whole WPML.
I read multiple support tickets over the YEARS regarding this matter and you don't manage to implement this.

September 20, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4612461

reneD-20

For all others:

global $sitepress;
remove_filter( 'comments_clauses', array( $sitepress, 'comments_clauses' ), 10, 2 );

September 21, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4616169

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and suggestions. I understand your points, but is not up to us supporters to decide when new features are developed, we do hear and take into account all the suggestions, this is why I will forward your ticket suggestions to our developers and support manager for further analysis. Thank you very much for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.

September 24, 2019 at 7:19 pm #4633807

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience. I checked it with our support manager and this was a requested feature that was rejected for technical reasons. Besides your custom workaround, you can also use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-comments/ to achieve this feature. Thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.

October 1, 2019 at 8:55 am #4669771

reneD-20

It doesn't work properly because the way of implemantation in insufficient.
You just don't support different countries with the same language that's what it is.

October 1, 2019 at 8:56 am #4669779

reneD-20