This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antonA-6 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 3:01 pm

antonA-6

I am trying to: Show posts in English on the blog page if there is no chinese translation If it is, then show in Chinese.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: blog posts in English.

Instead, I got: Nothing.

I've did some googling, and it pointed to "Multilingual Content Setup" tab. Apparently, I don't have this tab.

October 1, 2018 at 3:51 am #2777089

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

with the latest versions of WPML the page for "Multilingual Content Setup" has been moved under WPML->Settings.

Please go to WPML->Settings->Post Types Translations->Posts / Pages -> set them to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"

let me know your results

October 1, 2018 at 11:52 am #2777920

antonA-6

Hello, thank you. That's deffinetly a step forward, though the default language for my site is Russian, and I want to show posts in English, if they are not available in Chinese.

October 1, 2018 at 6:20 pm #2779155

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The feature is used to fall back to the default language , unfortunatelly it does not have an option to switch to the secondary language as the fall back language.

to achieve this you can try the following.

as a test i created a post in Russian then translated it to English.

now we want the contents on English to show in the Chinese language.

to achieve this go to WPML->Translation Management and filter as shown in my screenshot

"Post in English not translated" (view screenshot)

now select all your posts that you want to show English in Chinese and then scroll down and select for Chinese "Duplicate Content" and for Russian "Do nothing". [view screenshot] and click on "duplicate"

October 2, 2018 at 10:44 am #2781127

antonA-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!