Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Showing Fatal Error

Solution: The *PHP Fatal Error* is happening because they were using our expired *Installer* plugin. Which is no more required for upgrading WPML automatically from WordPress dashboard. Deactivating and removing the *Installer* plugin has fixed the issue.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MOHAMED S A 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
December 15, 2017 at 11:42 pm #1459359

MOHAMED S A

Tell us what you are trying to do? Install WPML CMS Plugin

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes This was working but suddently beofre 2 version back, it doesnt work at all

Is there a similar example that we can see? Yes at hidden link working perfectly

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Once I installed and try to activate, it is giving me "Fatal error: Call to a member function add_filter() on a non-object in /home/www/comortech.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 111" then only I have to rename sitepress-multilingual-cms to oldsitepress-multilingual-cms, my site is working and this is not the first time.

HELP!

December 18, 2017 at 12:35 pm #1460290

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Mohamed,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Maybe you had this issue because you have upgraded from an older version of WPML to the latest. Which version were you using before upgrading to WPML 3.8.4?

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit plugins listing page and deactivate all WPML plugins
2) Delete the WPML plugins from the plugins page
3) Login to WPML.org and visit WPML.org>>My Accounts>>Downloads
4) Download the latest version of WPML plugins
5) Upload the latest version of WPML plugins to plugins directory(*wp-content/plugins*) via FTP
6) Activate WPML again and check you are still have the issues or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 18, 2017 at 8:42 pm #1460791

MOHAMED S A

Hi Bigul

I disabled the plugin long back and I had try the proposed solution to remove the plugin but still same error as you can see on the snapshot. i had to rename the folder and delete to get my site back.
I have used the FTP before but i had the same and this is the reason I used the plugin install option this time.

Please advise because my content is still mix of english and french. I changed also the theme. but no solution since i have now 5 monthjs

install rename folder.png
install error.png
install.png
December 19, 2017 at 7:07 am #1461022

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for the details. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Check the following links for more details about our private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 20, 2017 at 11:16 am #1462457

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for the login information. I have made a duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it on my local server and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 20, 2017 at 5:32 pm #1462962

MOHAMED S A

Dear Bigul

Thanks a lot and looking forward on your support to resolve this longtime issue

Best Regards
Mohamed Salim

December 20, 2017 at 5:34 pm #1462965

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mohamed,

It was happening because you were using our expired *Installer* plugin. Which is no more required for upgrading WPML automatically from WordPress dashboard.

I have inactivated it, after that, I can successfully activate WPML. Please check now and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 20, 2017 at 6:05 pm #1463006

MOHAMED S A

Dear Bigul

Thanks a lot for the suport,
Should I delete the **installer** ?
This has nothing to do with theme, so i can use any theme

Best Regards
Mohamed Salim

December 21, 2017 at 5:01 am #1463296

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, you can delete *Installer* plugin because it is outdated and expired. Since WPML 3.2 it is no more required for upgrading the WPML plugins.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 22, 2017 at 7:30 pm #1464875

MOHAMED S A

Dear Bigul

It has been at great Support and truthfully I don't have the words to express my gratitude to have supported me.

Thanks a lot
Mohamed Salim

December 23, 2017 at 1:50 pm #1465112

MOHAMED S A

Hi Bijul

I have noticed you registered Comortech.com under different activation key. Do you need me to deregister and register with my WPML key? Or to keep the same?as it is
Also what are the recommended themes for my sites I making WPML work efficiently?

Appreciate

Best regards
Mohamed Salim

December 27, 2017 at 5:07 am #1466278

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mohamed,

Please note I haven't registered the WPML key on your site. Only just activated WPML. Maybe it has used the existing registered key. You can deregister the current key and then register with the new key. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Please check the following link. It is listing the WPML compatible themes. From this list, you can use choose a theme which is matching to your purposes.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Please open a new ticket, if you still having any issues with WPML.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 30, 2017 at 10:08 am #1468296

MOHAMED S A

Hi Bigul

Thanks a lot. I have deregister and successfully registered again. all is well

i will review these theme to select the best match and affordable one.

Appreciated and Happy new year.

Best Regards
Mohamed Salim