This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by johannesB-13 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 18, 2017 at 2:51 pm #1375398

sallyR

Hello,

I have Divi Theme from Elegant themes installed, with WPML.

because my page is in 2 different languages, I want to know if there is a possibility to have the pop up bloom email opt in in also in 2 different languages...

the primary language is Spanish, and there appear the pop up when you scroll down to the bottom of the homepage

hidden link

But if you go to the English version ( hidden link) the opt-in pop up appear also in spanish..., not in English

How can I get this to work?

Thx

September 19, 2017 at 8:26 am #1376092

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi @sallyr,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This popup is a part of theme options. So you can translate it via String Translation. Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
3) Look for an option similar to "et_bloom" or *theme_mod*, or something like that. Here you should find all strings associated with your theme options.
4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
5) Click on the button "Apply"(on the bottom of the page)
6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

Please check the following tutorials for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 19, 2017 at 10:14 am #1376243

sallyR

Hello Bigul,

thanks for your reply. when I search in string Translation for Bloom I found Optin Forms, but not the Form optin_3 what is related to the PopUp what appear on the bottom of the Homepage.

Why I found all other optin Forms, but not the PopUp Form 3?

Thx
Sally

September 19, 2017 at 4:17 pm #1376809

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Sally,

Thank you for the details. Please let me know have you looked for the *optin_3* strings in "Translate texts in admin screens »" of WPML>>String Translation.

I have a request. Please increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *10000*. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.

hidden link

Then visit "Translate texts in admin screens »" of WPML>>String Translation. Look for options for "et_bloom" or *theme_mod* and select the desired strings.

After that click on *Apply* button and search for the strings in WPML>>String Translation. Please check the following tutorial for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 20, 2017 at 10:40 am #1377671

sallyR

Hello,

the Optin_3 Form could not be found. So i copy the Form and String Optin_8 I could found and translate.

Thanks for your Help.

Best Regards
Sally

September 20, 2017 at 12:01 pm #1377791

sallyR

Hello,

I created yet a new PopUp (optin_9) with Title and Content in Spanish. So I went to WPML - String Translation and Found there the Strings (please see screenshot).

What for me is strange, that the English Flag with the Spanish Description is shown , like for the Button Sí, quiero unirme! and when I click translate, I can click to translate ???

When I create the PopUp, do I have to create the PopUp in my secondary Language like English, and then go to String Translation and translate to Spanish?

Thx
Sally

September 20, 2017 at 12:39 pm #1377828

sallyR

Ok, I get it to work.

Thx
Sally

September 26, 2017 at 8:49 am #1383176

johannesB-13

Hi there,
my problem is quite similar.
I#m using Bloom and Divi as well and did create Pop-ups in German and in English. The problem is: They both pop up in each language, but I would prefer the German Pop-Up to pop up at the German site and the English one at the english site. Any idea?
The site is moresports.network.
Thank you very much, Johannes