If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We need to show the reviews independent of the language - show the reviews from any language all together.

Solution: It is not possible to make product reviews show in all languages. It is only possible to synchronise comments on duplicate content but not to display the reviews across all the languages.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wolfgangD-6 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 7:58 pm #4489119

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Wolfgang,

Can you tell me if you added the CSS to the Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS area, please? No media query is applied to the CSS from this section, as far as I know.

Thanks,
Radu

August 30, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4489229

wolfgangD-6

Hi Radu

No, in Qode themes (like my Bridge) the custom CSS is entered in Qode Options → General → Custom Code (see temp1.jpg) which ends up also in custom_css.css (see temp2.jpg and temp3.jpg).

Yes, the @media is coming from somewhere else. But could we not just add another @media command to your CSS snippet in order to override the first @media command?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

September 1, 2019 at 8:16 pm #4493065

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Wolfgang,

I'm afraid that the media queries don't work like this. You cannot add two rules of query and let one overwrite the other one. Each CSS snippet can have just one media query rule.

Please try to add the CSS I send to you to the Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS area and tell me if any media query is applied this time. This section if from WordPress so everything should work fine, without any additional media query.

Thanks,
Radu

September 1, 2019 at 9:55 pm #4493391

wolfgangD-6

Dear Radu

It's crazy, the first and only CSS entered not in Qode → General, but in under Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS. And it works. The @media seems to disappear.

I don't have to understand everything I guess 🙂 Thanks a lot!

But still, please keep me informed when with WPML the reviews can be displayes independant of the language, because still I'm very unhappy to lose my reviews in other than the original language. That's really the worst thing when you run a shop, honestly.

But thanks for your help and the time you spent with this.

Have a nice day,

Wolfgang

September 1, 2019 at 9:56 pm #4493393

wolfgangD-6

Thanks for all your help Radu!