This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by staffanW 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 11:08 pm #4556651

staffanW

Hi,
I need to show my translated elementor footer template on my 2nd language for my website.

I have seen solutions like this:
Is there no new option to do this except breaking up wordpress into molecules? If I do that stuff in the thread I am sure I will have a server error 500 in no time after any kind of update in the future of any plugins/new wordpress version.
Please, anything easier?

September 12, 2019 at 11:06 am #4560361

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Our officially recommended process to translate Elementor templates is the one mentioned in the link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

From what I can see, you are using the Jupiter theme so if there is any issue in translating the footer even after you followed the steps above, here is a ticket related to that from a client that experienced a similar situation with translating an Elementor template while using the same theme:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-elementor-footer-does-not-show/

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Please let me know how that goes and if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 12, 2019 at 3:33 pm #4562433

staffanW

Thanks, I noticed I did not need to set any display condition on the single language start site but since I added another language I apparently needed to select the condition "use on the whole site" in elementor popup that asks this after saving any edit of the template. After this the english footer shows on the english part of the site.

September 12, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4562441

staffanW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!